ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200BHP TARGET

after careful consideration about MODDING MY CAR i would not like to spend more than 2-2.5k, i thought the work for 200bhp would come around the 2.5k but obivously not

so, best way i can think going form advise is dump a 172 engine and other required changes for that engine in for roughly 1.5k i think i read. plus ecu remap or chip or TBs to get it to 180/185bhp.

as nice as it is to have the power as sed id like torque which i should hopefully get from the above too, on MY BUDGET, does this seem reasonable?

much appreciate the help here people

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i know someone who fitted a 172 engine in a 19 16v and it cost him about 3k in total with everything! a lot more than he originaly thought!

ive jus found info for a 172 lump and is round 3k

hmm, anyone on here kno ne1 who wud do it a tad cheaper?

or wot bhp engines does and did the laguna have? 180? 210? ne1

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by cliosportcraig on 08 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by paulous2k on 08 April 2004

I had a williams I a few years back and got it to 198bhp (rolling roaded by prima racing) with the following mods...

Induction kit

Full exhaust/decat/ with 3" tailpipe

ECU re-map

Magnecor ignition leads and some dodgy spark plugs (cant remember which)

I was expecting about 175bhp, but when they stuck it on the rollers it was 198bhp
There is no way that 198 BHP came from those mods, dodgy rollers
with just a k&n panel filter,devil de-cat, and powerflow zorst my willy 1 was r/rd at mailto:149@wheels......roughly">149@wheels......roughly around mailto:186@fly............was">186@fly............was a lot of other members there that day too............

wen lookin for mods to take mine to the next stage, i considered the megan turbo lump...at £1200 was a real posibility...but the box/driveshafts an al the other wirin n fukkin about put me off, so i settled for a rebuild on a megane block/willy box/head, some slightly wilder cams verniers etc....jus needs ecu n throttle bodies now, but funds have run a little low lol