ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200EDC Horrendous suspension noises - Help!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
My car has started making some really loud, creaking/crunching/graunchy noised from the front end when going over speed bumps when cold.
Possibly thinking anti roll bar bushes but not entirely sure...

I’ve got a video but I don’t know how to upload it - anyone know how?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
More likely to need a new shock or spring depending on the mileage/age.
Take the wheel off and have a look will be the fastest way to diagnose the problem.

It'll be bushes of some sort, especially if uprated they don't like cold weather. Saying that neither do worn OE bushes. Wheels off job for a visual check and get your pry bar out to check for play and noises in all bushes and ball joints or take it somewhere with hunter alignment as this equipment has the ability to check for play in bushes, ball joints etc by moving the plates side to side the front wheels sit on.

172 cup, Vw t5.1
The sounds of a creaky old bed, sounds like an anti roll bar bush as mentioned before. Check to make sure the springs are seated correctly and there not a piece broken off. With a noise that loud it should be easy to spot

Rs200t lux
It’s antiroll bar bushes my car made the same noise just before the warranty ran out
Renault done them under warranty and noise went away