ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2018 Porsche GT2 RS

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get up close and sit in this beauty over the weekend. ?

In the confines of the garage, firing it up sounded like it was ripping Planet Earth a new arsehole. Raw, loud, raspy and very overpowering. It's got a multitude of options on the extras list, which is scary when the base price of the car is £230k alone. The Weissach weight saving kit removes 30kgs of weight from the car - but you pay £28k for the privilege. Front suspension lifters for those nasty speed bumps and a matching watch, embossed with the same chassis number of the car, at a cool £4k itself.

Sitting in it felt like wearing it. I hate the cliche, but I've yet to sit in any car that wrapped around you so well. It would take a special driver indeed to wring the neck of this - even sat behind the wheel and motionless, it feels intimating. If that was the main objective of the Porsche engineers, they have well and truly hit the nail on the head.

Anyway, some pics...... I personally LOVE the writing on the spoiler. So subtle, yet perfect.

1531227787099.png

1531227943849.png

1531227971466.png

1531228004253.png

1531228094587.png

1531228173138.png

1531228208638.png

1531228253971.png

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Even if I was a zillionaire I'd still be scared of taking that out just in case it got scratched.

Absolutely stunning.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I'll take you out in mine when my umbers come out on Friday.

Off to Goodwood this weekend and Porsche are celebrating their 70th anniversary there, so hoping to see loads of good Stuttgart machines there.

Evo 5 RS
Oh my life that's a thing of beauty. What depresses me a bit is I turned down a job offer recently where I could have driven one of these on occasions. Money talks, but I do regret it for reasons like that.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
That looks mega in black! Bloody mean looking car!

Hate to be 'that person' but if it was my money, I'd place an order for a GT3 RS over one of these.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
That looks mega in black! Bloody mean looking car!

Hate to be 'that person' but if it was my money, I'd place an order for a GT3 RS over one of these.

Not before me lol. For me, part of the RS mystique is the screaming normally aspirated engine. I think the rear bumper/diffuser on the GT2 is a little awkward compared to the GT3 too.

Both stunning cars though and the stuff of dreams really.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Not before me lol. For me, part of the RS mystique is the screaming normally aspirated engine. I think the rear bumper/diffuser on the GT2 is a little awkward compared to the GT3 too.

Both stunning cars though and the stuff of dreams really.
Totally agree mate. Certainly not taking away what an epic car the GT2 is!

That N/A 4.0 litre engine is incredible. I can just imagine a Guards Red RS on my fictional driveway right now! [emoji23]

Last edited: