ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

220 Trophy 'Practicalities'

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245
Thinking of moving up to a 220 Trophy, does anyone with kids have one? How much room is there in the back for car seats?

Also, what's the real world mpg like? I'm going to be using it for a 90mile round trip on the M1 every day, need something after my 230k 320d is on its way to car heaven and I don't really want to put the miles on the 182.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Rear seats aren't tooooooo bad, but the boot is horrendously small if it's got Bose.

MPG wise, mid twenties round town, mid to late 30s on a 70-80mph motorway trip. 40+ if you keep it below 70

2014 Clio 200t edc
I have kids and a 200t. I find it pretty good for space, my kids have room in the back and although it’s not massive, it’s certainly bigger than other small cars (polos and fiestas etc)
Economy isn’t great, I get 32 average day to day and on a longer run can get more. Definitely a fun car to have and drive though.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Depends on the size of the kids.

Mine are 8 and 3 and is perfect for the school run.

Kids love liquid yellow as all the hot mums tell me 😂

I'm only a couple of miles from school, nursery though, you'll have to be gentle if you want it to not cost a fortune on a run.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Hard bit will be looking at that dashboard for 90miles everyday, it's horrificly ugly

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Nothing wrong with the interiors! It's not German spec but it's a decent place to be

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I had the Trophy seats in my old 220. Definitely made the interior. The rest of it is typical mid-range plastic.

Daily use saw 27mpg based on the odd trip into town and a daily commute 25 miles each way at 70 on the dual carriageway. I didn't see any benefit or detriment from driving +/-10mph.

Enough room for 2 kids in the back and a pram will go in the boot unless it's massive.

My other half has the DCI. Same car other than the engine, gearbox, wheels and seats really. We do manage with 5 in the car but it does get a bit tight sometimes.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Thinking of moving up to a 220 Trophy, does anyone with kids have one? How much room is there in the back for car seats?

Also, what's the real world mpg like? I'm going to be using it for a 90mile round trip on the M1 every day, need something after my 230k 320d is on its way to car heaven and I don't really want to put the miles on the 182.
I have one, i'm 6'6" and my kids (14m/16f) and 6'1" and 5'11". We fit in it fine, for a Clio its got decent room.

I just did a 1300 mile round trip to France & the Ring and it was lovely.

MPG driven normally I get 30-ish mpg, on steady cruise up to 40. Obviously the faster you go the less you get.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Compared to the rival cars around the same age, polo gti, 208 gti, fiesta st etc the Clio has more room, especially compared to the polo which is the only 5 door.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Compared to the rival cars around the same age, polo gti, 208 gti, fiesta st etc the Clio has more room, especially compared to the polo which is the only 5 door.
Before I got the Clio I went and tested all the others for exactly that reason. The Clio had the most room. Mini included.