ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

225 intake

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Does anyone know if a 225 intake manifold fit a 1*2 head?

Does anyone have the measurement of how far it sticks out from the head aswell?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You'll need to do some port matching to get it to fit mate i'd imagine and iirc you'll have to drill another hole as the bolt pattern to mount it to the head is different. Only one hole different though, the others line up. It's obvious when you see them side by side.

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
okay thanks buddy, I dont suppose you know how far it sticks out from the head, thinking about space in my bay :)

PH1 loads of boost!
They don't fit on a 172 head no. for reference this is how it fits in the engine bay. Plenty of room.

photo-689.jpg

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Thanks for the pic :) do you know if it sticks out further than the fuep rail guard as thats a few mm off the back of my radiator - its all in a mk1 shell and the rad is alot closer to the engine than in a mk2

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
IF you use a 197 head it will fit, and the 197 head is superior anyway.

But as above, you will be losing power compared to the standard inlet.

Ive got a set of 172 throttle bodies in stock, but your credit with me is running near its limit of 1K already, lol.

340i
errrm mainly for visuals lol

Oh. My. God.

If anything the standard 1*2 manifold / plenum looks far better than the Megane RS item.

And yes, it will strangle performance on your 1*2 engine, plus the port shape is totally different.

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
IF you use a 197 head it will fit, and the 197 head is superior anyway.

But as above, you will be losing power compared to the standard inlet.

Ive got a set of 172 throttle bodies in stock, but your credit with me is running near its limit of 1K already, lol.

Flol at credit limit! Maybe we can talk when I have cleared my balance lol.

Lord knows you have the best finance package around

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Oh. My. God.

If anything the standard 1*2 manifold / plenum looks far better than the Megane RS item.

And yes, it will strangle performance on your 1*2 engine, plus the port shape is totally different.

I like the look of an exposed painted rocker cover on the f4 :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Flol at credit limit! Maybe we can talk when I have cleared my balance lol.

I might be able to lend you my pulsar setup for the F4R possibly (if I swap the manifolds over I mean), not sure how well it would work compared to say an RS2, but it would definately fit.
Depends if i decide to bodies the F7R in mine for a bit or not, still toying with the idea as they are just say there and they will give more power marginally and im on aftermarket anyway so it will not mean any other changes.

Loads of room with a polo rad:

Lord knows you have the best finance package around

Lol! This is true!

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
I might be able to lend you my pulsar setup for the F4R possibly (if I swap the manifolds over I mean), not sure how well it would work compared to say an RS2, but it would definately fit.
Depends if i decide to bodies the F7R in mine for a bit or not, still toying with the idea as they are just say there and they will give more power marginally and im on aftermarket anyway so it will not mean any other changes.

Loads of room with a polo rad:
f6da4d0c.jpg

Lol! This is true!

Will this fit straight to an f4 head if you have set it up for an f7??

I was only looking at the idea tbh bud its money and time I dont really need to spend I was just considering the idea

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Will this fit straight to an f4 head if you have set it up for an f7??

I was only looking at the idea tbh bud its money and time I dont really need to spend I was just considering the idea

It uses an ITB manifold for an F7R head.

I have a set of F4R bodies

I am thinking of putting the F4R bodies onto the F7R engine, so would end up with a spare F4R ITB manifold and a plenum designed to work with an ITB manifold, so yes it would fit, the worst that would be required would be making a new backing plate (not hard, its only ally)

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Yeah I would also need to move the coilpack and remove the rocker cover for painting :) and get the polo rad, is there anywiring needed with the tps??

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Coilpack ktec do a nice bracket for the coilpack although as per usual (they never seem to get anything quite right, lol) you need to weld captive nuts onto it if you dont want to spend your life swearing at it.

Not sure how the throttle would work with the ph1 172 management TBH, not tried, might be a case of adapting the sensor to fit the cosworth throttle body.

If you remove the rocker cover you will have to do the cambelt, I would just paint it in situ if I were you!

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Wow errm ill keep it as is for now tbh lol I can look into this sort of thing later, a plenum like the rs2 or the pulsar unit would be ideal as I can run the group a scuttle induction I have at the same time

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes my inlet if you look is pointing right where a group A scuttle kit would want it to be, but Ive decided not to cut my shell for one as its going honda powered at some point anyway!

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Yes my inlet if you look is pointing right where a group A scuttle kit would want it to be, but Ive decided not to cut my shell for one as its going honda powered at some point anyway!

Chip is there anyway of fitting the 172 tb to that? If so then it may be a cheaper option than an rs2 and there will be alot less headaches trying to get it to fit

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Chip is there anyway of fitting the 172 tb to that? If so then it may be a cheaper option than an rs2 and there will be alot less headaches trying to get it to fit

You could fit it on an adapter plate but it would be the wrong diameter, and the sudden change in size would cause turbulence.

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
haha okay what would be a good setup :) I'd want to run it for boost but it be okay for NA until I get boost :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Can't see the pulsar intake making the same or more power or torque than the standard intake if you're staying NA.

It is designed for boost so won't have the runner lengths of the OE intake and so less torque.

I had considered it for an intake for my boosted setup but decided just to start from scratch.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Can't see the pulsar intake making the same or more power or torque than the standard intake if you're staying NA.

It is designed for boost so won't have the runner lengths of the OE intake and so less torque.

I had considered it for an intake for my boosted setup but decided just to start from scratch.
The pulsar plenum ain't actually that bad tbh Steven. I used one to fabricate my custom inlet plenum for my turbo vauxhall engine. Happily did 420hp @2 bar!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

What does the plenum cover have to do with intake length though? Ive got more intake length on m pulsar plenum setup than I have on my RS2 car in fact.

Its ONLY the cover that has been used from a pulsar, and its spaced out from the backing plate (spaced even more now than in those pics too as Ive added another 20mm spacer since and also gone for longer trumpets inside it).

And if you wanted to you could easily run it even longer but putting extensions between the manifold and backplate, you are limited on length only by running out of space at the front of the car.