ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

255v6/300bhpmod

to get 300bhp on that engine you need to at least be running a cam profile similar to that off the clio trophy cars, the twin plenham setup as the std manifolds are crap, but i think the MK2 V6 has a better manifold, different valve hardware, headwork will help.

then there is the management side as i dont know what the std one is capable of.

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

Fit a motec ECU and dump the exhaust (fit the Trophy system) and cats, up the injector size and remap.

Decent exhaust drops combustion chamber temperatures dramticaly and engine bay temperatures equally so - all =s more hp for longer.

The throttle body is 40% up on the Mk1 - I have one if anyone wants one - so air in is not so bad - its exhaust out thats sh*te. If you go twin throttle bodies you need dual drive by wire (expensive) and the standard ECU cannot deal with it. (MOTEC could if you did this and the exhaust). The MK2 manifold is based on similar intake lenghts to the two body system but with one body - its probably the best compromise for road/track use.

Same on road performance increase by getting the gearing sorted cos thats not good either - 123 low 456 high - done for marketing reasons - good 0-60 then good economy at the expense of mid range track performance - one of the reasons the Cup stays with the V6 at high speed for longer than youd expect