ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2litre turbo corsa

172 cup
i know yeah as if anyone is going to buy it knowing the oil seals are gone and its "driveable" great eh 8 grand and its driveable.

How hard is it to fix this?

Clio 197
Now that is a lovely sleeper, shame about the handling of them things, i had a 1 litre and it went straight at every corner, no wonder what a 2 litre does. lol. Would be good for red light racing though.

im sure it would put a people off but for the pure fun of driving it, someone must like it. you wudnt think it would be hugely fast but my god, the torque is unreal. i have never been pushed back into a seat like that in a smal car.

172 cup
i wouldn't be having much fun in a car that could be fucked for all i know. Obviously i dont know how big of a job it is to fix or how much it effects the drive etc. 8 grand is a lot for potentially a nail.

Looks nice and bet it does go like stink but i dont think it will sell without sorting the problems. If i had the spare cash id be tempted myself as i had a 53 plate sxi prior to the cup and it was a very good car imo.

Turbo oil seals is a small job.

Not a nail at all. Send it away for a recon, job done. No more than a hundred quid, if you know the right people.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
If its such an small easy job then the seller should sort it before putting his car up for 8k and calling it "driveable"

172 cup
196 aint that good either is it really, its a small job fair enough but should be sorted before selling. Especially for 8 grand

196bhp? aint that much really i was expecting 300bhp atleast for a start :(
he was expecting more power when he had the car done but putting that figure out of ur head, its fast. goes off the clock in about 30 seconds, revs really quick, sounds the nuts, torque is unbelievable. just overtaking someone threw me into the back of the seat.

for £700 he could have the seals done, tracking done and a remap taking it to around 270bhp.

Why would anyone pay 8k for a broken car?

Tell him to sort it.

Burgandy 174 sport t
my mates after one of them irmsher grilles

Bit of a c**t to fit dont bother imo!!

I have been in a corsa b with the old C20let engine and have been told its also the better of th two (z20, c20). It had 270 odds and completely tore my 172 apart, caught me with ease and past me at !40 plus just as he was selecting 6th lol

Rb 182
my mates after one of them irmsher grilles

Bit of a c**t to fit dont bother imo!!

I have been in a corsa b with the old C20let engine and have been told its also the better of th two (z20, c20). It had 270 odds and completely tore my 172 apart, caught me with ease and past me at !40 plus just as he was selecting 6th lol

C20let corsas are ace, mate at work has one, one of the quickest things i have been in!!

Would get the car fixed first!

8k sounds about right, a 05 standard SRi will set you back around 6-7k so its not bad.

Buty i dont understand why you would sell it like that? If its such a small job then im sure buyers will be wondering why its not been done.

Rb 182
too many bodge jobs about now!! sitting all squinty coz they dont sit in right.

Yup!! Cheap/badly mate mounts, we both work for Vaux so his is done right, im sure he is using all m-tech mounts, it runs the 6speed box convered to 2wd, the list goes on alot of power for the money, but it felt wrong to go that fast in a corsa B. lol

Burgandy 174 sport t
150 plus gets scary esp when the wipers wanna peel off the window, I was told u had to put the engine into the bay in bits? so it would fit right? His was a six speeder too.

J

J182sport

i got offered this + cash for my trophy! wasnt interested tbh!

This job was hard to do on the corsa C's now it seems to be done lots,get the bits polished off and working well and it should go!