ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2nd hand clio adverts...

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I see these are still as varied as ever. Names ranging from cliosport, to renaultsport clio, clio 172 etc.

Then there's the prices. Seems there are some decent 182's about for less money than 172s, as well as some crackhead prices.

Some mention cambelts, some don't, meaning you have to email the seller.

It's a right pain in the arse :mad:

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
And a lot of adverts on here don't even any photos. How the hell do people expect to sell a car with no photos?!

saw one on facebook the other day for a 172 cup.

All it was, was one picture of the back of the car and this description:

'tax an checked good to go 1500'

lol

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
saw one on facebook the other day for a 172 cup.

All it was, was one picture of the back of the car and this description:

'tax an checked good to go 1500'

lol

PMSL.

I tend to steer clear of badly written adverts as it makes me think the car will probably be abused "if da owna spk lyl dis in adz, init"

Then again, I could miss out on a gem of a car with FSH because they didnt write it in the advert

Dan

172 track thingy
Im thinking about selling mine, but looking at all the adds I don't know what price to put lol I see some and think mine must cost double that but then it's stupid price!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As a rule, I avoid any adverts with 'Clio sport', 'rs', 'rs***', incorrect ff/cup* designations or any power claims in the titles.

*im aware the ff thing is a made up thing but it has no place in an advert, especially when used incorrectly.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm trying to buy one at the minute, looks real nice.

Then he said him and his grandad did the belts and dephaser and now it won't start...

Bye bye!

I'd never try to sell a car on here!!

People always want to pay pennies when buying, yet ask the earth when selling. Plus CS ALWAYS de values cars!!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've sold a couple on here and never really had an issue. Its my first port of call when mooching though, being on here for sometime gives me an idea how good people take care of their cars.

ClioSport 172 :)
I've been looking at the Clio200 and Trophy. The Trophy is leading the race at this time because Evo magazine voted it the best hothatch, but they're really hard to find. Will be looking to buy one this month sometime. Anyone know whos selling one? And is the 182 ff just as good for a lot less? Cheers!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
99% of people on here don't put their location which is frustrating.*

*If it's stated in their profile then fair enough.

Agreed. Car looks great, well priced, all the right bits done. 'Hi mate, where you located?'. 'You now the sun?' Ffs

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
For adverts on here, I reckon it would be a good idea to have a certain format which every advert needs to adhere to. Nothing massive, just a few mandatory points which need to be at the top of the ad such as Model, Location, Price, Colour, MOT Until, SH etc.

It'll make it much easier for people just to have a quick look before going on to read the full advert.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
For adverts on here, I reckon it would be a good idea to have a certain format which every advert needs to adhere to. Nothing massive, just a few mandatory points which need to be at the top of the ad such as Model, Location, Price, Colour, MOT Until, SH etc.

It'll make it much easier for people just to have a quick look before going on to read the full advert.

I've offered to do one but it wasn't met with much of a positive reaction.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've offered to do one but it wasn't met with much of a positive reaction.

Why so? Makes more sense to do it than to not doesn't it.

It'd make browsing much easier and people would still have chance to 'sell' their car with a description before the mandatory points.

ClioSport 172 :)
That sucks. Hope someone knows anything about it because it's a long way to go if it's a piece of c##p