ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 Network, good or bad these days?

Citroen DS3 DSport
3 network, good or bad these days?

I've been looking at what they have to offer and for £2 less per month than the iPhone i get all this:

N95, 700 minutes or 700 texts per month or a mix of the two, Unlimited Skype, web surfing, Yahoo! Go, Mobile mail and Mobilcast, Sling & Orb. Plus Slingbox for FREE. That's alot of features for the money, especially the inclusion of a Slingbox. All that and no added cost of £269 to buy the handset.

dk

911 GTS Cab
sounds like a good deal, but then 3 always do have good deals as thats how they get customers, not on service!

When you are not within 3 range you piggyback off Orange's network so I think they are better than they used to be.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Msn is included too isnt it?

A sling box is uber cool.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Couple of my friends are with them, some have had no complaints, more of them have many though.

I'm sick and tired of battling on the phone with untrained monkeys trying to get something sorted so I'm trying Orange this year. So far, very good. I've heard mates on the phone to 3 and it's not far off Fonejacker material.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I reckon you've all done enough to put me off.

Maybe T-Mobile with web n' walk will be as good and then simply buy my own Slingbox. It'll still be cheaper than the iPhone with o2 and only £37.50 per month.

No doubt I'll end up with the iPhone.

I can never get a good reception on 3 and I've contacted customer services a couple of times, will never call them again, useless.

BMW M135i
I was on 3 for the last 2.5yrs, changed to orange and I will be going back after this contract is finished. Not impressed with orange at all, signal is no better than with 3 (no surprise though) and you get f**k all for your money with orange whereas you get quite a lot with 3.

Orange just seem to want to get rid of customers tbh, paying for delivery reports ffs for a start and all the contract packages are generally w**k. The only good thing about orange is the orangecare insurance.

Never had a problem with 3, customer service was a dehli special but never had a problem myself.

^I dont pay for delivery reports and im on orange payg. Do any other networks support them? I know 02 dont.

BMW M135i
I know thats what takes the piss the most, the payg customers get a better deal than the contract ones do.

Think its only O2 that don't support them.

v6
signal is no better than with 3 (no surprise though). Never had a problem with 3, customer service was a dehli special but never had a problem myself.

I thought 3 used orange's network now (used to be o2)? I've been with 3 for about 3 years now and had no problems.

BMW M135i
Thats what I mean by the signal is no better with orange as they use the same network, infact for most places i've been 3 has been better for 3G signal.

SLK250 CDI
3s customer service is rubbish. The actual network/product is reasonably good though. The new tariffs look even better - but be warned that whatever you sign up to, you're stuck with for 12/18 months - I've tried changing to their new tariffs and I'm not allowed. :(

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i didnt rate them at all 2 years ago, cant comment on them now tho, they may have improved.

had calls cut ALL the time, took 4 attempts to dial out sometimes (network busy), customer service shite, they were still ringing me 5 month after my contract had finished and I'd cancelled it to move to O2, telling me that I was coming up to the end of my contract and offering me a new phone.

no internal communication or what?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Been with them for 2 years now and very happy with the service. The foreign call centre can be a little difficult but nothing too bad. Your account details can be accessed on your handset in great detail along with add ons to your account.
I drive all over the UK and have found no problem with the reception, It is definitely no worse than any other network as I have had them all accept Vodaphone as they are the dearest...imo. The 3 network is by far the best value for money. I'm sure there are gonna be better areas for some networks than others. My wife has changed from 3 to O2 and shes not a happy bunny as the reception in our area is pants.