ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

309 miles a tank for a 1.2?!?

doesnt sound great!!

i get roughly 100miles out of £10

£40 a tank

so i guess thats 400miles a tank

trip computer sais near 470 though

depends how you drive an where my trip thinks i get 500 to a tank acording to mine im doing 41mpg ive done 205miles it claims ive got 249 miles till i need juice my gauge has 9leds 4 have gone out i normaly fill up when it has 1 left thats normmaly 35ltr or 33ish quid
4-5weeks

you have got me worrying now :(

but i have a dci soon how cheap am i lol :D

it depends on when you fill up as well fuel is denser when its cooler

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
you lot who get low reading must drive like complete t***s!!

im getting about 52ish at the minute, but im driving to get more mpg at the minute, normally get about 46mpg easy, and thats 10ish mile journeys some stop and start.

how you manage to average below 30 on a run is beyond me, ive had my car in single figures nailing it from 0-80ish, but thats just instant then it climbs back up, do you drive everywhere in 1st sam?!

Breaking A 172 Replica
Love you long time Joe xxxxxx

No I just give it some. I do quite a few miles on back roads and I just can't help keeping it about 4000 rpm.

I also find there is nothing in 5th so try and avoid that at all costs.

Sam

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
haha, lol sam!

as long as its not past a school, or im not behind you near top end, whoops!

you lot who get low reading must drive like complete tw*ts!!

im getting about 52ish at the minute, but im driving to get more mpg at the minute, normally get about 46mpg easy, and thats 10ish mile journeys some stop and start.

how you manage to average below 30 on a run is beyond me, ive had my car in single figures nailing it from 0-80ish, but thats just instant then it climbs back up, do you drive everywhere in 1st sam?!

how :S

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
my tyres were slightly low and my mpg droped down to 24mpg and got 160 miles out of a full tank of vpower.

pumped them up and everything went back to normal. they wernt even that low

BMW M135i
As i've gone from 1.2 -> 1.6 -> 2.0 i've found it much easily to get good mpg without trying as the engine size increased, guess its due to it being less stressed normally ploding about. Currently getting 37.6mpg from the 172 around town so i'm pretty chuffed, and managed 260 miles (and counting) from £30 of v-power. So i'm :D.

Used to get 30mpg from the 1.2 and was lucky to get anything about 320 miles from a tank and I didn't thrash it that much either! Could never work it out.

Mondeo ST220
that sounds awful for a 1.2

i agree with bmh.01, since i got a 2.0 car i've found it easier to get better fuel economy when just driven normally, doesn't need to be worked as hard