ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

32" TV

Mk4 .:R32
I'm after a 32" TV for my bedroom. I've had a look round on the net (tesco, comet, argos etc), and to be honest as far as I'm aware they're all the same (apart from the technika ones in Tesco...oh dear).

Has to be less than £400, closer to £300 the better as long as it's not sh*t.

Also, HD ready, 1080p, Full HD...? I don't bloody know! lol

So yeah, any suggestions would be good :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I got this for my bedroom in January sales and have been very impressed with it tbh, but I'm upgrading from a tube TV... According to the manual it supports upto 1080p but it doesn't say anywhere that its a full HD so I'm not sure but the xbox is very impressive on HD out. I have a HD upscaling DVD player and again the picture is fantastic on HDMI.

The only thing thats a bit iffy is the Sky which is on scart, I'd say 90% of the time it looks fantastic but the other 10% it looks a bit grainy. There is another annoyance if its for your bedroom, the standby light is bright blue and illuminates my room..

Bus w**ker
Before someone else says it, 1080p is pointless on anything below a 37" screen.

But anyway, I've just got this one for my room.

It's got great reviews on all the usual nerdy sites and is well within you budget. So far I love it and am more than impressed with the screen and sound quality, only problem I've had is that it's got a dead pixel but JL are replacing it next week now they are back in stock. Although I got it for £290 last month and it's now £380.

Oil Burner
Before someone else says it, 1080p is pointless on anything below a 37" screen.

I would disagree, if you use the set for gaming or a monitor then the viewing distance 'rules' wouldn't apply as they do for usual viewing. If the set is only being used at 2 or 3m then as said you probably don't have good enough eyes to see the difference.

I you want to use it as a monitor then 1080p would be a good idea, 720 is a really low resolution compared to modern pc screens.

At that price I would look at Samsung, probably the 4 series range. These often come up for about 350. They are only HD ready (720p) but they will down scale a 1080p source to 720 (kneel I suspect this is what your set does)

I bought the samsung 32" 1080p for my bedroom in january, its a great TV..so good we bought the 40" for the living room the next week

I paid £380 for the 32"

french bit of tat
I bought the samsung 32" 1080p for my bedroom in january, its a great TV..so good we bought the 40" for the living room the next week

I paid £380 for the 32"

you cannot go wrong with the samsung tv's, i have two in our house and thay are fantastic.

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Toshiba regza anyday over a samsung/lg etc.... not only saying that because i have one but the picture for the money is great

330Ci (Fail)Sport
No real need to specifically get a 1080p full HD unless you'll be running HD sources like xbox/PS3/PC/Blu-ray etc.

If it's just for freeview and sky, then an "HD ready" one will be fine. Samsung's latest offerings seem to be very good, great reviews across a lot of their range. Just have a quick look around at reviews and prices and see which one takes your fancy.

I bought this 2 weeks ago for the bedroom to replace the 20".

Received one with a dead pixel, but was swapped within 2 days. Can't go wrong.

Only have the Wii wired up to it as Xbox/PS3 is in the living room. But I'm impressed with the TV.

Ibiza FR
in Argos there is a bush 32" HD ready lcd tv, £299, i got that the other day and its perfect for me tbh, xbox looks great on it too!

Clio 197 FF
I was after a cheap 32inch for my bedroom at xmas time, ended up getting a LG 32LH3000 for £330 plus £10 Quidco from Currys. Does the job well.

SLK250 CDI
  Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Yeah thats the same as mine apart from mines the one down doesnt have the 1080p. Same TV though. also has scart x2, vga for pc and all the rest cant think of anything it misses

clio sport 172 ph2
late last year i managed to get a LG LH3000 32" FULL HD etc for £300 on ebay, brand new , they go for £400 in the shops! i did a lot of reasearch before i bought this one, and it seemed the best one at that price! and i love it!

ITB'd MK1
I've got a Samsung 32 1080p full hd, was the best overall deal with a bit of future-proofing. The Teknika TVs look great until you look at the contrast ratio