ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36000 mile service....

my 1.2 16v goes in tomorrow for the 36,000 mile service, how much am i looking at paying for this, surrey area if that helps (woking)?

matt

Hey guys.................you really should move to Scotland....................Ill only be £200 for the 36000mile service on the V6....................and if I supply my own oil thatll come down to £150/£160:D

Cya Stuart

Arnold Clark Renault Kingsway Dundee:cool:

The normal cost is £230 but they have a loyalty card which gets me 10/15% discount and as I say if I supply the oil thatll come down to the £150/£160 mark:D

Cya Stu

Hey riche check out the 36000 mile service thread in the dealers section some people are being quoted as much as £350:eek:

Cheers Stu

When I had the 36k service on my 2 year old 1.4 16v dynamique it was just over £600 from Renault Edinburgh. They also wanted to do an additional £5-600 worth of work on top of that as the engine/gearbox/exhaust mounts were knackered and the rear shocks were leaking - none of which was covered by the warranty!

I take it Craig that UNHAPPY doesnt quite do it.

The prices quoted are for the basic service any additional work would be at additional cost.

But Im surprised there is so many faults and none were covered by the warranty on a 2year old car.

Cya Stu

Unhappy is putting it mildly! The worst thing was the work the did wasnt done properly - the engine oil was over filled way above the max mark on the dipstick, they fitted new rear brake cylinders but didnt bleed one of them so the peadal went to the floor and there was practically no braking power whatsoever and they overtightened the wheel nuts to well over twice what they should be!

Craig if the list of work done to a poor standard happened to me that would give me the leaver that I would need to ask and get some serious discount and/or some of the outstanding work done free or at least at cost.

Never ever accept shoddy work without a fight.

Cya Stu

I mannaged to get a partial refund for the work done on the brakes after I got the RAC out to have a look at them and they confirmed that they werent working properly and that the car shouldnt be on the road.

I didnt want any more work (even free or discounted) done by them - would you trust a dealer who cant even do an oil change properly??

Well the over fill is total carelessness not that they cant do it...................and yes just for this one time only yes I would trust them cause they know that if it isnt done rite therell be hell to pay...................oh yes I would trust them but I wouldnt go back eh;)

So dont be put off getting them to do it.

Cya Stuart

It doesnt really matter now, I got rid of the Clio earlier this year and after all the problems with it and the dealer I dont think I will ever buy another one.

Yeah I can see where youre coming from................thats why Im taking so much care to get the correct oil.....................and our local Renault dealer is pretty good really.

What do you drive now?

Cheers Stuart

Move up north dont have to go as far as Scotland though. My local dealership Speed Six in Wrexham ie North Wales with do the dci all in for £150.

I did my own 6,000 mile oil/filter changes with Mobil 1 on it - even when I got it back from a service I would even do an oil/filter change to remove the stuff the dealer put in. The only reason I put it in to the dealer for the 18 + 36k services was to keep a full service history and to keep the warranty - waste of time for the warranty tho!

I now have an Audi A4 2.8 quattro and love it!