ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3GS has bricked for the 3rd time.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Everytime i've updated the firmware it bricks, have to return the phone.

Now this is the 3rd time this has happened, do you think it's unreasonable for me to demand a new phone now?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Nope, infact the phone i have this time is a "replacement one" so no idea what that means.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Then yes, 100%.

Your apple must be assholes, mine literally prompt me what to say so I can get a new one, rather than them try to repair it.

I'm actually not joking.

Go in, say every time I try to update this handset it errors and dies on me, I've missed several important business phones call due to this already and I'm not satisfied being at risk of missing it again.

I realise upgrading isn't a necessity, but it's one of the key features of the phone and all in all I think it's a bit of a joke.

(or something similar)

I'm sure they'll give you a new one.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't go to apple (nearest one is 100+ mile round trip) so had to deal through my local 02 centre.

Technically i've already a replacement phone.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ah, now there is your problem.

IMO it's worth the trip, 50 miles with the 182 will be a laugh, shop a bit, eat a bit, chill out, go to apple, chill out some more, drive back.

o2 are like the "lookie lookie" men in the club toilet

Apple are the clubs owner.

Just a comparison for you.

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
This happened to me on tuesday. I went to apple wednesday morning and walked out less than an hour later with a brand new 3GS, which they updated to os4 for me.

They didn't even ask to see a receipt.

Take it to Apple mate.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
For me to take my phone to apple would cost me approx £150+ lol

f**king pain in the arse.

But as i'm going to see a friend in b/ham next week i'll have to wait till then.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You work 7 days a week?

If I'm honest, it sounds like you are being a touch awkward mate. You don't need to look at the cost of fuel etc, just turn it into a day out, why not? Make it less of a chore and you may even enjoy yourself.

If you are phoneless, go get yourself the £10.99 england flag alcatel from CPW and use that until you go see your mate or whatever.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Day out in Birmingham, great lol, I'm going there next week to see a friend anyway so it's not to bad, using an old nokia at the min.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
All i do is update it through iTunes lol

Managed to get it working now though, used my mates Mac :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. Taking it to O2 is a massive fail. Apple would've looked at it and instantly replaced it for a new one.

Move out of the sticks? :p