ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 beep alarm random

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ive searched and ive searched and ive never seen a solution found on this forum.

Basically I lock my car and it beeps 4 times and the indicators flash. All doors lock still...not sure if the alarm gets activated.

Now after testing ive found that if i shut my door and leave the locking for 30 seconds...its always fine.

Ive also read that its a fault with the alarm as its detected the ignition is still live...as a result it gives warning beeps.

Anyone got this and found a cure? Like i say its very random...its just one niggle that i want to fix myself.

clio trophy No56
Ive been wondering why mine does this now and again and thanks to the CS link i now know. Cheers Beef-Mc.
Below is how i made mine beep...

4) Deactivate the ultrasonic sensors. This is done by sitting in the car with the doors closes switching the ignition key to the on position then off then on then off again in under 7 seconds. Then get out of the car and use the remote locking the car should flash the lights twice and beep 4 times. You need to do this every time you lock it though to deactivate the interior sensors

Chelsea tractor
Ive been wondering why mine does this now and again and thanks to the CS link i now know. Cheers Beef-Mc.
Below is how i made mine beep...

4) Deactivate the ultrasonic sensors. This is done by sitting in the car with the doors closes switching the ignition key to the on position then off then on then off again in under 7 seconds. Then get out of the car and use the remote locking the car should flash the lights twice and beep 4 times. You need to do this every time you lock it though to deactivate the interior sensors
It beeps 3 times if you deactivate the internal sensors ;)

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Well none of the above really answers my problem. My alarm never goes off for no reason. It simply beeps and flashes 4 times when i lock the doors. This occurs every 1 in 50 times i lock the car.

I think this bit here is what best describes the issue: "Another common problem is when you lock the car the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times.
Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is 'on' causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping."

I know its quite common, i dont think it is sensor related. If anyone has found the root cause/fix to this issue, it would be appriciated if you could share your resolution :)

BMW 320d SE
I have this problem too. It only seems to happen when I put the car in the garage at night and lock it. I think I'll try waiting a few seconds longer before locking it and see if that helps.