ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 beeps alarm

black golf v6 4 motion
when i unlocked my car yesterday and today after being at work for bowt 9 hours got 4 beeps, what does this mean?

Ford Fiesta
means its gone off while you have been away.
Next time it happens have a look how many flashes the LED is giving off near your gearstick, that will tell you which sensor has been triggered.
Look in manual for chart.

black golf v6 4 motion
ok will do cheers, just seems funny though coz doesn't happen over night and just started doing it yesterday

Ford Fiesta
mine was ok for over a year. Didnt even have the common beep on arming problem that most have.
If it becomes common there is something you can do with the wiring.
email me if it carries on and ill explain how to fix it.

EX-172 driver :(
sorry not meaning to hijack your thread mate but often when i lock the doors on my 172 i get 3 beeps from the alarm...think i read somewhere bout it being the volumetric sensor or summit...can anyone explain what it is and why it beeps. cheers

EX-172 driver :(
Thank you for that link, it confirms it is a fault and not be being dumb (how unusual). However my car is out of warranty, although it has been doing it since i purchased it. Have you any idea how much the modification will cost? bit of a long shot i know. Thanks again:approve:

Ford Fiesta
as far as im aware its not a particularly big job. Try contacting cobra and asking them whats involved maybe you can have a go yourself at sorting it?

my 172 alarm also sometimes beeps 3 times when i lock it, i went to renault and they said i am locking it to soon after the ignition being turned off which turns the interior sensors off, in case you want to leave your windows down or a passenger inside, but if you wait about 30 seconds after you turn the ignition off they dont beep, and it does work.

2.0 175dci rs meggy
^^^^^ reason for this is that the radio is still discharging - and the alarm uses the same ignition feed that the radio uses - so the radio discharges down this wire making the alarm see 2 igniton cycles in 7-10secs

Ford Fiesta
JAMESSRICH said:
^^^^^ reason for this is that the radio is still discharging - and the alarm uses the same ignition feed that the radio uses - so the radio discharges down this wire making the alarm see 2 igniton cycles in 7-10secs

ahh so thats why the alarm still thinks the ignition is on!