ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 pots with 15" wheels

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
I need to do something with my brakes for next year, I currently have a problem with them vibrating under heavy braking on track.
I have found the slider pin holes in the carrier are elongated so I either need to replace the carriers with some new ones and probably new pins so a cost of around £200, I had the calipers refurbed last year so they are fine.
or get some 4 pots.
I am running 15" pro race 1.2 with a offset of et35.
Does anyone know if the wilwoods or the 197/200 Brembos would fit without spacers using the standard disc or what spacers would be needed?

If anyone in the Midlands does have the Brembos fitted would it be possible to try one of wheels?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I've got AP 4pots under my 15" pro race 1.2, with 300mm rotors and alloy bells which also act as bit of a spacer. Got about 3mm clearance

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks
@Ph1 Tom and @EZ Tutty do you have any photos of the clearance to the wheel (ie where the balancing weights fit) and the spokes.
also Tom did you fit a bigger master cylinder or you still running the same one and has the pedal travel changed?

I would love some AP's with alloy bells but a bit too much for me.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah have a look through the last 2-3 pages of my project thread.

On the standard cup cylinder.

If you want an equivalent braking effort from Wilwoods you need 300mm discs and more aggressive pads than you need with Brembos and 280mm discs. That made the choice for me quite an easy decision.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Mine goes in next week to have the Meg Brembos put under 15" Oz F1 and speedline Willys. They should fit. I'm fitting a bigger master cylinder (v6 406) one at the same time.

I run 16mm spacers and the calipers will need some machining, but with guidance from @Ph1 Tom I'm hoping they'll go under :smile:

Once the guys do the job, I'll post a link to my project thread in here if you want, so you can see fitment etc :smile:

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I only use the standard Cup M/C too. The rear compensator is in the bin and replaced with a tilton bios valve

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Not if it's got ABS
172 cups don't have ABS so it's a different master cylinder

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Out of interest which 300mm discs are you using?
I have the Ktec kit, and was thinking of knocking up some spacers to run bigger discs, but i'm struggling to find a 300mm disc to use.

I can help you out with the right 300mm Brembo HC discs

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
How did you get on with this!? I have Jamsport 295mm will woods, planning on putting in 300mm disc from scenic under 15" pro race 1.2s. Just going to put a washer or two under the calliper bracket to get clearance.
I heard you need around 10mm spacer each side to fit in the 300mm discs to do this though??

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
My HiSpec R114 kit with 300x32mm discs fits under OZ f1's and 2118's with no spacers and plenty of clearance. if you want something that will definitely go under with no messing that kit will. But bear in mind they are a race calliper with no dust seals.

Here is a pic of the Brembo's under 15" pro race wheels with standard 280mm discs.

2qn1uuh.jpg