ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

400 miles from new

and i can hear the dreaded rattle from the f*cking sunroof:mad: you would have thought they would have sorted it by now.i haven"t even open it and i have told my family not to open it either.

golf

Ive had mine for a few months as i bought it of my mate who had it since new. its an 02 plate.the sunroof has been like that from new and only two weeks ago i had it fixed since which it has stopped. Mate requested to have it fixed when he owend it and gave up after renos fourth attempt!!

its the cold weather mate..i have had three new style clios and they are did the same especially in cold weather cos the glass is flexing...they once told me that it was because i had 17 inch wheels and had lowered the suspension..wot the >???

^^^ Could be due to increased chassis load twisting the shell?

The exs standard valver used to ice up in winter, like completely, and when wed move off down her drive (bumpy, on a slope, stone-y) we could hear all the ice creaking and cracking a bit on the roof - I could only assume it was down to the shell twisting ever so slightly!

i think your"e right cuppy it"s -1 down here ,her in doors did mention that she hears it more when the weather is cold so hope fully the noise will go when the temp goes up,i have"nt heard it today, but my missus had been out in the car before i drove it myself.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 17 December 2003

its the cold weather mate..i have had three new style clios and they are did the same especially in cold weather cos the glass is flexing...they once told me that it was because i had 17 inch wheels and had lowered the suspension..wot the >???
For once it sounds like Renault know what there on about. Lowering the suspension will cause the roof to flex more, with the ice I can hear it cracking all the time since its been lowered, never did it once before.