ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

408hp R26.R!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Went in this when it had 375 bhp, ultra smooth mapping paul, no doubt with an extra 25bhp it will feel mental. How much torque increase has it gained?

Makes me wish Renaultsport would build a super-limited Megane 400.R to homologate a new production FWD ring record. It would decimate all. Stripped out in similar fashion to the R26.R, and with 400hp. Plus Extreme R.R.+ Mode.

Obviously dk would drive.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Cool as it maybe, 400bhp would be crazy as a production run fwd. 300 would be enough to do seriouse 'ring laps. Isn't there talk of the next RS Focus having a 380hp 4 pot??..........Maybe the a 350hp lighter weight version of the R26R would be a good idea!

No one even knows if there is going to be another Focus RS. Do they? Last I heard was that the Fiesta was the car most likely to wear the next RS badge. TBH I hope so. It would do wonders for future values of used MkII FRS.

Also, I simply can't see a 4-pot MkIII Focus RS being special. Not after the engine that the MkII got.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
im sure i read somewhere that were would NOT be another Focus RS... something to do with the new shape focus only being available in a 5 door?

Been plenty of special 4 pot Fords though. It's time to dust off the Cosworth connection.

For sure. It remains to be seen, and personally I can't see a 4-pot Focus being special. The engine is what elevates the current RS from hot hatch, to special. The power delivery when they're tuned-up is glorious, and the noise is howling. Without that character, the next FRS, if there even is one, is going to be playing catchup. I think it's time for the Fiesta to go into battle with a 225hp RS. Shipped with hardware man enough to cope with with 300hp+ bolt-ons. There's hundreds of 400hp FRS rolling around on OE engines. Imagine the Fiesta doing the same thing with 300hp and a lot less weight.

IMO of course.

Anyway. Back to the 408hp R26.R. Epic machinery :approve:

Lionel Richie
ford_fail.png