ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

40mm??

Clio 172 Flamer
Just looking at getting a set of springs for my ph2 clio 172.

After some opinions, seen some 40mm Apex lowering springs for a reasonable price, wondered what these would be like?

Would the ride be too harsh? Would it be too low with a set of 16" turinis on them?

Cheers in advance

It is not an exaggeration to say (according to Cliosport) that the Apex springs are one of, if not the, worst lowering spring on the market.

Eibachs & cooksports offer a similar height yet get loads of comments on how well they achieve a good trade off between ride quality and firmer sportier feeling.

Clio 172 Flamer
Thanks mate, I will get those ordered first thing tomorrow :D

Read really good things about them.

£120 as well, that is really reasonable.

Another quick question instead of staring a new thread, what shocks do you reckon.

A few people have said about cup shocks?

Thanks mate, I will get those ordered first thing tomorrow :D

Read really good things about them.

£120 as well, that is really reasonable.

Another quick question instead of staring a new thread, what shocks do you reckon.

A few people have said about cup shocks?

Yeah cup shocks will be fine. Standard 172 & 182 (non-cups) are too tall I think, and aren't as good with the damping side of things as the cup ones