ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4G

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
My contract is due for renewal in 1 month but as I was on a cashback deal to bring my line rental down to £3 I'm not keen on paying full whack again for line rental once it finishes.

What's going on with 4G? I don't want to go on a 3G contract and realise I'm shafted for 18 months to get onto 4G. Does anyone know if you can upgrade to 4G and/or will the operators be using 4G instead of 3G or be a premium?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Personally I don't see the point in having 4g on a mobile phone so would stick with 3g

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Because 3G is perfectly exceptable on a phone, why do I need my phone to be faster than my home broadband.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I've just got a Nexus 4 which isn't LTE but I think it's still the best android phone atm (as well as amazing value!). I don't see the point in paying a premium for 4G yet. Give it 2 years when I'm due an upgrade then the 4G tariffs will be becoming the norm so you're not paying a premium for it.

42Mbps HSDPA is plenty fast enough for now.

DB.

BMW 440i
The price EE were offering to upgrade wasn't justifiable for me as data was limited and I currently have unlimited 3G and was £5 more a month for 500mb limit

Titanium 182
EE 4G coverage is terrible and outdoor-only at the moment (high end of the spectrum). Best to wait for Vodafone and O2 to get theirs as it will be lower frequencies and be able to penetrate buildings (ooer missus etc).

I just renewed my VF contract, but they've said I'll be able to automatically upgrade to a 4G contract once it's available with no penalties.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Personally I don't see the point in having 4g on a mobile phone so would stick with 3g

3G is upto doing all the sort of things that I do on my phone pretty quickly so Ive no complaints with it really, but if both were the same price and I had the option I would prefer 4g.

Cost is the only reason I cant think not to go 4g (like in my case I would need a new phone as my 4s doesnt support it)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
for what I do on my phone I don't see any speed increase when im using my home wifi than I get out on the move on 3G and im running Virgin Media 50mb at home lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
for what I do on my phone I don't see any speed increase when im using my home wifi than I get out on the move on 3G and im running Virgin Media 50mb at home lol

Yeah running 3G on the move, notice no difference to wifi.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
T mobile are gits, apparently you can't tether on sim only.