ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4k rattle/buzz

is it the catalytic converter, or the midsection of the exhaust? I want to tell the service mechanic as he doesnt seem to have a clue.:confused:

martin

I was told that this was due to the "washer" between the chassis and gearbox not being thick enough, thus causing a vibration between metals - mine is in at the moment having 2 fitted as this solves the problem "APPARENTLY"......

This occurs around 4000RPM

172nightrider

Mine got fixed during its 1st service - I didnt even hear the rattle but they replaced the center section under warranty - apparently a known fault.

Yeah it is the mid section. Mine is in the garage as we speak getting it done today!!!

At the start i thought it was the Cat but a little more investigation turns out its the midsection.

So i should have a nice quiet ride on the way home, might even keep the stereo off. :D

Quote: Originally posted by 172nightrider on 24 June 2003

I was told that this was due to the "washer" between the chassis and gearbox not being thick enough, thus causing a vibration between metals - mine is in at the moment having 2 fitted as this solves the problem "APPARENTLY"......

This occurs around 4000RPM

172nightrider
was told it was the bafflers in the midsection of the exhaust

so let me get this right.....

when youre doing 4k revs theres a buzzing noise to be heard?

Normally ive got the cd player turned up but today when i was going back to work at luchtime i did hear some hummy / buzzy noise at 4k revs. Ill have to have another test to see if this is right. When i have this done they can do the clunk in the fist 3 gears too.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Its really loud - you cant possibly miss it if its there. Clunk in 1st 3 gears is probably the engine mounting under the battery - comes loose.

320d M Sport

this is really a joke now with this 4K rattle, its getting to the point where EVERYDAY its being posted! SORT IT RENO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRGGHHH

how many do they need for a recall? My mums fella has the big arsed Megane and they wrote to him saying he had to go back to the dealer and have a new handbrake fitted.

many thanks for everyones input!!!!!!

paddy - didnt mean to complain again or start the whole debate off - just wanted a conclusive posting to print out and take to my dealer.

cheers again.

Guys, now Im running the k-tec exhaust and have started to have this too (esp when on a track when Im in that 4.5 - 5.5k rpm section), one of my renault guys just said it was most probably the heat sheild coming loose, now does anyone know where I should be looking to tighten this up again???? or is it purely warranty work? :-S cos I dont want this rattle on friday down at Beford again! - any help or advice appreciated

mate - id heard it was the heatshield at one point as well. thing is that they said it was the heat shield rubbing against something - when i asked the mechanic to check this they said it was fine on my car - so to be honest I cant help on that one!!!

like i said - i heard it was either catalytic converter, or heatshield, or midsection of the exhaust.

sorry cant help roamer:(