ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4th Gear flat spot

ClioSport 182

I have noticed that in 4th gear between 3 - 3.5k rpm my 182 seems to do nothing for the initial travel of the accelerator. It seems to be the same as not even pressing the accelerator with the car decelerating! 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear all respond with even the slightest touch of the accelerator.

Ill be doing some more investigation over the weekend when I can really do some tests without rush hour traffic. Anyone experienced this?

KnightAzul

i kno its not the same car but me dad had problems with his 1.8 vectra like that, it turned out it was something to do with the airflow meter/ rpm signal goin to the ecu. :confused:

ClioSport 182

Quote: Originally posted by FierceBanana on 25 June 2004

try it in 5th, if u dont get similar results, then something might be wrong as above.^^^
Just tried it on the way home for lunch, and it happens too in 5th gear. Should I be worried?!

KnightAzul

ClioSport 182

Quote: Originally posted by DoddCup on 25 June 2004

well id worry if my car wasnt working mate. Dont know how to help you though sorry
Thats exactly what Im trying to find out ... if this is "normal" or should be considered "isnt working". Hmmm ...

KnightAzul

Clio 197

Ok..... extensive tests on my 182 show that pick up is quite instant in 4th gear, at 3-3.5k rpm... and it gets better as the rpm climb.

5th gear is rubbish in my opinion, but picks up.