ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4x100 ET35 172

As above, will 4x100 ET35 alloy fitment fit nicely on a 172?

Ive heard alot of people saying their having problems with the correct offset etc.

If anyone can help that would be Pukka! ;)

Cheers

Astra 1.9cdti XP

What size alloy wheel?

16s will fit no problem, 17s will fit without problems unless its lowered! Speedline informed me that they had had problems with ET35s in 17" when lowered.

Hope that helps.

Paul

17" Paul, not sure if they are 7x17 or 7.5x17. Wasnt thinking of lowering at the mo, however i might in the future, nothing drastic...30mm.

So do ya think i should go ahead and get them? Itll be your head if your wrong! hehe :devilish:

Williams 3

Sometimes alloy companies advise a ET 40 so why dont u ing the makers up and ask what they recommend to be on the safe side?

I think u mite also have to consider the size of the bore (which I think on a clio is 60).

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I would steer clear of the wheels if they are 7.5*17 they are too wide for the car.

It is my opinion that your better off getting an offset closer to 40. 35 IMO is just too different to the original ET48.5. I have ET42 which i think is perfect, but then I would!! ;)

FYI when I spoke to speedline about my wheels the 172 Cup that they tested the 17" wheels in ET35 and lowered 30mm on eibachs spring, they experience some rubbing at the front. Nothing drastic they said but it rubbed nonetheless!!

For 7.5": ET 42. in comparsion to 7x16" ET 48.5

Your new wheel will have the following chracteristics:
The clearance from stut housing to the inside of the wheel will be THE SAME
The outside edge of the wheel will EXTEND an extra 12mm.

Tim

i have told you about this b4 on mine they rub if they are 7.5 wide dont do it they need to be 42

i have found most alloy retailers are saying 37-38 for 7.5 wide but its far from right