ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4x98, WTF?

M

mini-valver

Try them you gay! You and Adam are one of a kind. Bolt the wheels on the car and be done!

if you had read the thread, you would know i have tried them, and they dont go on the hub/drum square because they dont sit center ;)

thats why people have been suggesting 'wobbly' bolts that sound dodgy as f**k, but i dont think i can run them anyway as my FK spacers are the exact right size holes for the longer bolts im using, and exactly 4x100.

M

mini-valver

I've read this one? Lol.

When you put the wheel on with or without spigots dependant on the bore they HAVE to sit centre. The middle of the hub sits in the middle of the wheel. Its only 1mm out on each bolt hole remember. Wobbly bolts FTW.

just knowing they wernt designed for the car and that a 'fix' has to be used (wobbly bolts) just puts me off tbh, even though other people have said to run them fine.

Id rather return them, and get a 'proper' set from elsewhere that were acctually made for the car.

LY 182
start at the hub, you have 4x100 right

obviously your spacers are 4x100, they sit dead against the hub... so obviously no movement is needed there.

the 4x98 wheels sit on top of those, the only movement you then need is very slight (works out at about 1mm) in the actual taper that bolts the wheel on.

it will work fine... i wouldnt buy them for my car, but if i already had them i'd use them without a second thought..

if you can find corrective bolts long enough go for it no problem at all.

tbh it would be fine without corrective bolts but i wouldnt do that

oh, and it needs spigot rings to center them before bolting them up

M

mini-valver

Yeah but you have them here and they WILL work fine on the car. Spray em and put em on!!

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
the bore is not correct, it needs rings..........but still seems a bit dodgy, what are wobbly bolts?

60.1 should be correct mate since i used to sell wheels for motorworld, should just need wobbly bolts as said by most

Track 172 & Golf R32
corrective bolts sound a lot more trustworthy than the wobbly bolts alternative lol

corrective bolts sound a lot more trustworthy than the wobbly bolts alternative lol

wobbly wheel bolts are fine,they are designed for the use,do you think if they were that dodgy and wheels were flying off everywhere that suppliers of wheels would continue to do these?

took the wheels back, guy moaned etc, only wanted to give me 195 back after me paying 215, so i just took it and went, wasnt in the fooking mood for arguing after driving all that way in the pissing rain...

superleggeras fixed anyway

Hyundai i40
took the wheels back, guy moaned etc, only wanted to give me 195 back after me paying 215, so i just took it and went, wasnt in the fooking mood for arguing after driving all that way in the pissing rain...

did u get a bit welded back in ?

did u get a bit welded back in ?

nope they filled it with the finest welsh sheepskin........

moaning about me payin via paypal getting charged fees etc i woulda usually made a fuss but it took me 2 and a bit hours to get there in the rain should just take 50 mins so i was pissed off.......just wanted to head back

Evo 6, E92 320d
£20 sounds about right interms of fees tbh so he covering what hes lost out, however as it was not your fault its a little unfair. Either way you got your wheel back which is the important thing:)