ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 Star Shine

Mito Sportiva 135
Just doing some research at work and came across this:

http://www.5starshine.com/spo.html

Anyone heard of it before?

Also, has anyone heard of a product called "Seal & Protect" by CarPlan (and used?) It is the same name as our product so a little unsure how no one found this out before hand! Unless this came out after. There doesn't seem any information on the net.

Cheers for any help guys.

Tom.

Just doing some research at work and came across this:

http://www.5starshine.com/spo.html

Anyone heard of it before?

Also, has anyone heard of a product called "Seal & Protect" by CarPlan (and used?) It is the same name as our product so a little unsure how no one found this out before hand! Unless this came out after. There doesn't seem any information on the net.

Cheers for any help guys.

Tom.

i have used their wheel protectant tom if that helps?

wouldnt use it over the standard SRP and EGP process tbh, didnt seem to make any difference to brake dust sticking.

jamie

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Looks like your typical yank garbage advertising . Mesmerise and astound people with technology just like they do on most of their shopping channel adverts .Electrophoresis, positive ions , negative ions the ptfe is pulled into the paintwork " WOW i must buy some " , lol . Well according to the techincal boffins on here ptfe has to be heated to silly temps to bond to paint .

Its probably the same kind of stuff tha cuscokid was selling and that and he got slagged off no end !

I can't really see any product lasting 5 years tbh .

just watched the link, surely it is just the same as permaguard and the rest??

would rather keep treating my car like i do tbh, comes up just fine for a clio :)

if i had something much more expensive i would have its painted protected by a film of some sort the minute it comes out of the garage, and done by a professional, not me!

jamie

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Same here . I'll stick to what i know , polishes and waxes that have been proven to give good results and longevity .

Mito Sportiva 135
Cheers for that guys.

Apparently Permaguard is pretty good (compared to Diamond Brite and Superguard anyway) but I can't see any product lasting 5 years anyway, especially if you are presumably washing every other week or something. Even if the paint is protected from UV rays etc, this wouldn't protect it from scratches etc. which would mean the barrier is broken and contaminants can get underneath. I will stick to my process too!

Apparently Nissan have created a paint that "heals itself" when minor scratches are incurred - that would be a true selling point!

^^^ i doubt that a hell of a lot lol!

this is the thing with the paint protectants that last "for years"

mate of mine has a green V reg polo. had it diamond brited a couple of years back and now it looks worse than if he had just polished it every month or two. there are cracks everywhere, patches where it has worn away and got quoted 250 to rectify it (ie take it off and PC the paint work again) and then 150 to have it re diamond brited.

waste of money.

plus i love to wash and polish mine, its my relaxing thing to look forward to at the end of the week.

jamie

Mito Sportiva 135
I used to sell Diamond Brite and I know that we paid just less than £40 per kit, and sold the whole system for around £250. Daylight robbery! It isn't even like it is difficult to apply, just like a normal sealant and wax system that you leave to cure for a while.

BLACK 197!!
all these kind of products would work absolutly perfect if you live in a nice hot sunny climate where there is no salt get spread on the roads and no tractors driving around leaving mud lying everywhere..

at the end of the day buy a good quality polish keep the car clean and polished and any dirt and grime will come off easy before its gets through to the paint the more polish there is on the car the easier it is to clean.

dont use drive through car washes dont use jet washes get a bucket and a sponge and get scrubbing and polishing after a while you will start to notice a big difference much more than you would with any of these shitty products that are overrated and well overpriced.

haha, god i remember what my cousin did to my aunties car when he got paint on her bonnet :S:S:S:(:(:(

"shakes in horror"

jamie