ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

50/60 mm lowering springs

Clio 182 RB
Im trying to find lowering springs for my 182 but the lowest i found was 40mm...can anyone find some 50/60mm lowering...and will the 172 springs fit the 182 cheers:approve:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Why?

Big Drop Springs:

1. Poor Ride
  2. Terrible Handling
  3. Tend to be yellow
All in all = Fail

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
theres apex but the ride on them are suppose to be shocking. ^^i think thats for the non sports but even then like you say they dont go that low

Clio 182 RB
dont think they go lower than 40mm! might just get 40mm anyone got pictures of 40mm drop cheers

A

andyjm28

you can lower 60mm on 182's
know someone that has, but works in a modifying garage
will ask when i next see him if i remember!

A

andyjm28

Why?

Big Drop Springs:

1. Poor Ride
  2. Terrible Handling
  3. Tend to be yellow
All in all = Fail

oh and
1 wrong - the roads are s**t but newer suspension helps imo
2 wrong - handling is much better! especially in corners
3 wrong - most are red & can hardly see em

A Flamin' Red one
Apex springs are the lowest drop you'll get before coilovers. Coilovers can lower anywhere between 25 - 70mm (kit depending).

I've got a set of Apex on my 172 and in all honesty, the ride doesn't deserve the rep it has.

172 Phase 1 & 172 Ph
I'm annother running Apex springs on my 172, very nice drop and the ride ain't that bad at all, cant believe how many people moan about the harshness of the ride.
Did a 1400 mile trip to germany and neither of my two passengers moaned about the ride quality....so its not that bad.