ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 Countries, 1700 miles, 1 Porsche 997T

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Looks like a good trip - and looks like you had the same fun we did the first time we took ours to Europe - stop at Folkstone, buy magnetic GB badge and then play hunt the metal bit to stick it to! 32mpg is amazing economy, the same as we managed but with almost 200bhp less... you clearly drive like a girl... ;)

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Awesome write up mate. Glad you had a good trip.
Gutted we didn't meet up though. Maybe next year?
I have actually decided to put the Lotus up for sale.
Right now i quite fancy a 964 Carrera 2 instead.
Car tax in Denmark is as a rule of thumbs 180%,
but on exotic imports it is often higher. Tax on a 964 is around 25k£

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
AUTO FTW!

Looks like a good trip. You need to update your PCM.

Turbos.
Cheers peeps ;)

Update the PCM to what Tom? Would love the Gen 2 display, but that has touchscreen so not sure how i'd get that...replace the whole thing?

Thought I posted earlier but apparently my internet went AWOL.

Fantastic read. Very well written up! Lovely car and very surprised by the MPG figure!

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Mr Humperdink, just seen you fuelled up at the same Shell garage I use - are you a fellow Sennockian??

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Is it full auto or tiptronic? What made you go for that over a manual? How does it compare to the m3 csl you had as I am thinking of one of these next but will be the 996

Turbos.
I'm just into manual gearboxes for the road any more dude, can't be arsed with a clutch when most of my driving is monotony; especially as i'm lucky enough to be able to race, i don't go out for weekend drives or anything like that.

The Tiptronic in the 997 is more advanced than the 996, but i've never tried the older car with a Tip gearbox. Only 996s that interest me are the 4S and the GT3 (Mk2), in manual to be fair.

The CSL is a completely different car, it is not that quick in a straighline but sounds sensational and feels like a quasi-race car. But at the same time its something to get precious about, with the easy to damage carbon and alcantara. Parts are also hard to get and expensive. There are also some reliability issues, but then again the 996 range is much worse for that (GT2/3 and Turbo excluded). I would rather a CSL than a 996, personally unless the Porsche was in fantastic condition.

Turbos.
Will be sure to flash my ugly, 996 headlights at you if you see you about then.

FLOL! I am normally in my Smart though, Porsche lives in Otford until garage is finished. Look at for my little black Brabus with daytime LEDs, hard to miss!

Thanks Tow B, feel like i need another holiday though!

Mini Cooper S sport
I enjoyed reading that, nice pics as well. 70 must have felt like reversing after doing 176mph (which would terrify me by the way)!

Thank God you didn't kerb the alloys. It's my greatest fear!