ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60 mm

clio mk2
i have jus bought 60 mm lowering springs from ebay and the guy i bought them off said they would be a direct replacement but i have now heard that i would need new shocks is this true. and would iget away with just swapping them???

cheers

Black Mk2 172
can fit them without shocks but they wont last as long i dont think , better off buying the matching shocks imo.

Rb 182
You would be advised to uprate the shocks, but the springs will fit without new ones. The handling wont be amazing, and it will reduce the life of the shocks.

:)

Golf GTI 1.8T
you can, but it damages your standard shocks over time and they would need replacing. I think the max they will last is a year. I really reccomend going for a full kit, even if its the 30mm kit they standard shocks arent designed for the extra strain on them...

Da

Less
you can get away with just changing the springs. the ride will be harsh and your standard shocks will ware out faster than uprated ones, but there is no real reason not to fit the springs so long as you are aware of the implications :approve:

*edit* there's a bloody echo in here...here...here... ;) :rasp:

Da

Less
as above, springs are fine but the shock absorbers will ware out faster than uprated ones.

Rb 182
You can buy just the shock yes. G-max and the like sell them on there own. Looking at maybe £100-150, but not 100% sure on the cost.

I had 55mm drop springs on standard shocks for over a year and a half. Ride was low but very bouncy, also didnt handle all that well.

Dave

Mégane RS
i've had mine lowered 40mm on standard shocks, the shocks have lasted years 2001 and are still going strong