ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6000ish limiter?

Clio 172
Yet another problem with my 172, i think iv just got rid of the dreded limp mode after replacing various parts. My girlfriend has had the car for the past week and says that it has worked absolutely fine. When i took it out yesterday i gave it a bit more beans than her and found that it seemed to be limited to around 6000rpm, however it is a lot more vicious than the limiter, its almost like hitting a brick wall! When im in neutral it will rev all the way as normal so it only does it when under load.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Dave.

ValverInBits
172s have a reduced limiter in 1st i think and theres also a limiter reduction based on coolant temperature. Speedo working? Coolant temp sensor working?

Clio 172
I didn't notice the engine temperature or speedo being any different to what they normally are. The first time it hapened was in 2nd, i thought thats never right, so tried it in 3rd and it did the same. I will try and have another look later tonight and see if theres any more info i can give everyone.
Thanks guys.

RB 182
As above, if it isn't fully up to temp, the rev limit is decreased, mine takes a good steady 10-15mins drive before it's lifted to 7200rpm or whatever they limit at.

Clio 172
i took the tempramental little biatch out tonight and once the engine temperature was about 1/2 way up as it should be, i gave her some stick and it went straight through 7000rpm in 2nd and 3rd! I don't know what was happenin the other day but all seems fine now, i presume its just another french electrical connection that was loose!