ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-60mm Apex kit fitted

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Fitted my Apex -60mm kit yesterday so washed it and took some pics today.
lowered93dz.jpg

lowered12kc.jpg

it looks nice and low even although id like the front a little lower. but the best part is the handling hammering it into tight corners at like 65mph and it just grips! if your hammering it round a corner and hit a little dip you feel the back end twitch and bounce!!

A Euro'd one...
Are they just lowering springs or dampers aswell, also how much where they? I want to lower my car 60 mill aswell.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
full kit mate springs and dampers £280 from k-tec

getting a bit of rubbing from the back but only at one side so going to check that out later to sort it.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Nice one Martin, glad you went for the 60's.

Only gay thing is that it sits up at the front a bit but is probably less noticeable with your car being black...
As you said with the handling, its is good but watch that road skipping in the wet mate.

$torm Rider - You can get that same kit from here for £254.98 delivered. Wish I'd found it before I got mine.

http://www.venommotorsport.com/shop/index.html

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol forgot again youve not passed, but seriously really do watch it, and dont hit a speed bump @ anything more than 10mph or the back will take off lol!! If theres a sharp bump in the road my front comes up often. hehe

But is defo the best mod to do to a small engined car, people that come on here in 1.2/1.4 wanting to make their car faster, get these!! can go round most corners about 20mph quicker = a faster car :)

I love being able to pull corners tighter and know you've still go loads of useable steering still...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah its crazy, i was always talking about engine mods and engine conversions etc but this has made my car twice as fast through bends without changing the power! thinking of better brakes now to go along with it, even although standard they are ok

Golf GTI 1.8T
yeah I will be getting new brakes and tyres early this summer :D

have you put an induction kit on your car yet?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
it sounds nice on full throttle above 3000rpm, especially with more strain on the engine like going up a hill. yours sounds better though, mine is just a cheapo filter on it might change it in the future if i can find a powertec or K&N cheap enough.

yeah i really want an MS Design grill just cant get one anywhere! :(

"Navy" N17 TWO
Car is looking good so far - as said, prob needs to settle more

Keep an eye on ebay for the MS design grill, thats where I got mine

Golf GTI 1.8T
Martin_89 said:
VERY good in my opinion, i was recommended it by loads of guys from here, car handles brilliant and it looks nice and low.

Same, would recommend it to anyone, really pleased with it for the money...

and as I've told you loads of time Giles, go for the 60mm kit!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
well it was my mate that done most of it i just helped doing the odd bit or 2 took us about half an hour to 45 mins to do the rear and about an hour to do the front. hes done it before hundreds of times though so knows a couple of time saving tricks etc.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
mitchzxr said:
Nice one Martin, glad you went for the 60's.

Only gay thing is that it sits up at the front a bit but is probably less noticeable with your car being black...
As you said with the handling, its is good but watch that road skipping in the wet mate.

$torm Rider - You can get that same kit from here for £254.98 delivered. Wish I'd found it before I got mine.

http://www.venommotorsport.com/shop/index.html

where are they on that shop? its says not for 1.2 models :( i want some