ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

7 Months of searching over - Bye Meg F1 , Hello R32

Porsche Boxster987S
Well , what a nightmare its been trying to find this. After viewing and putting deposits on more than a few , a trip from Glasgow to Cardiff and back for NOTHING and countless phonecalls and emails on other examples - i finally part exchanged the 225 F1 team and picked this up from leeds 10 days ago.

The spec on the car includes :

- Deep Blue pearl 3 door
- Full leather interior with heated front seats
- Winter pack
- Manual 6 speed (originally wanted DSG)
- Factory 'blue' tints all round
- 10 speaker upgrade
- Centre armrest
- Auto adjusting xenons

Absolutly AWESOME car! Its a long long way ahead of the Megane in all categories. SO comfortable to drive on the motorway , fantastic cruiser , but then the car totally changes on the B roads. Great torque low in the revs , 4WD and the exhaust note is just superb. (standard system).

Anyway ..... The old Meg ( i will miss that car!)

4720243733_2f1a329edd_b.jpg

And its replacement ...

5951568206_0ffb7314d2.jpg

5951013731_4bec7a1de1.jpg

5951570936_d7ff7f1423.jpg

5951572314_1219325de7.jpg

5951574012_53e89fd6b0.jpg

5951575552_81d0b18b79.jpg

5951579434_06d44cc45c_z.jpg

5951581466_1b0d0afb1c_z.jpg

5951582856_baa089a486_z.jpg

5951584526_705901a90b_z.jpg

5951586112_6bac45e478_z.jpg

5951032031_b3eec5b573_z.jpg

Some bits and pieces to fix - New number plates , Non res Milltek ( bought:evil:) and a REALLY good machine polish.

Turbos.
Nice! I had a look at PH for them earlier but didn't think they were that much. Sorry to use a CS cliche, but they are M3 money. I would want the Recaros too, they just look too good to miss out on!

Lovely Paul. Glad you've finally found a suitable barge! How much did you have to part with in the end?

Porsche Boxster987S
I had originally placed a deposit on the exact same as the one i bought but with recaros and DSG. I travelled to Cardiff (900 mile round trip) only to find when i got to the car it was a complete SHED! I then decided to stop ignoring good clean examples JUST because they didnt have recaros and made the condition of the car a priority. The seats in mine are actually awesome. Electric lumbar support on lower back and shoulders , nice and deep and hold you in well.

Clio 172 cup
Lovely cars but the mkV is the ugliest of the lot, not a fan of the wheels either.

I would have bought a mk1V and spent the rest on mods

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it mate! Stunning buy! Least you got decent wheels. The other ones do nothing for the car.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh mate!

Glad you got one eventually. Miss that colour of the meg though! :(

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely looking example. I used to think that I preferred the mk.4's, but as time goes on, I've changed my mind!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
nice, they sound fantastic with the non res milltek on them as well. enjoy. it will be very thirsty though!

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Nice car, but id rather have your old F1. Had 3 vag cars now and i hate them, fat lazy pieces of crap haha

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
paul nice one mate, you have been looking for ages. My fav colour for these, cant wait to hear the miltek on it! Trying to persuade the mrs that we get her one as the family car, got her round to like golfs now need to work on the fuel economy! what sort of figures u getting or expecting?

Smart. Bought the correct exhaust too lol

Gather speed so quickly too, I was supprised how nicer than my GTI they are to drive (not much faster though I didnt think) ;)

Last edited:
  Porsche Boxster987S
Cheers for all the comments guys. Over the moon with the car. Had it out tonight for 1 - 2 hours on the great Scottish B roads. £40 of petrol gone. Over id say 30 mile of country road the mpg sat between 9-11mpg. Frightning!!!!! Drive it normal and you'll get high 20s / low 30s. It's the noise that's kills the mpg . So addictive. In the tunnels it's just insane. Sounds like a wee supercar ! Road tax is a bummer at 460 for 12 months :(

Porsche Boxster987S
Some upgrade that is. Nice cars.

I think the Megane looks better though.
totally agree with you. The megane looks better from almost every angle except from the rear imo. Love the rear of the R32. Looks so fat on the road.

Porsche Boxster987S
Yea , i do have a soft spot for the MK4 32s . I almost bought one before this as i was getting impatient.