ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

7 second ring king

Brisol my lover..
Saw these two doughnut's putting there front bumper back on in the car park at the ring last march...

182cup & 172 racecar
Ages old Lee,but still funny,fancy going to go around the ring with your packed lunch on the dash!I should think he spilt his coffee and chocked on his muffin.

Lee

BMW M2C
Ages old Lee,but still funny,fancy going to go around the ring with your packed lunch on the dash!I should think he spilt his coffee and chocked on his muffin.

Thought it may be a repost but couldn't find it.

I see in the description they claim it's a yellow Audi S3, which anyone but a blind man can see isn't the case!!!!

Apparently it's an E30 325i BMW it certainly looks like.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
If you had never been on the thing before, why go when it's pissing down? :(

my first lap was at 6:30 in the evening, misty and drizzling. You just have to adjust your driving for the conditions.

What's the driver doing after he crashes.... seems to be lighting up the wheels but not actually going anywhere!?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Last time I was there my cuz had his 320bhp 330d, fair enough we were probably still drunk from the night before, but at silly low speeds it would just try and spin.

Couldn't take it anywhere near quick, I remember doing about 50mph round a corner I was taking at over 70 in the clio in the dry, and it just wanted to slide. This was with 275/30-19's...

It's no-ones fault but the driver for either not knowing, or not appreciating just how slippy that track is when wet.

Would be a lot simpler with FWD, as you just come off the throttle..

325i will just have an open diff which won't have helped either.

RB 182 Cup
Last time I was there my cuz had his 320bhp 330d, fair enough we were probably still drunk from the night before, but at silly low speeds it would just try and spin.

Couldn't take it anywhere near quick, I remember doing about 50mph round a corner I was taking at over 70 in the clio in the dry, and it just wanted to slide. This was with 275/30-19's...

It's no-ones fault but the driver for either not knowing, or not appreciating just how slippy that track is when wet.

Would be a lot simpler with FWD, as you just come off the throttle..

325i will just have an open diff which won't have helped either.

lol you went round the ring drunk. high 5! :rolleyes: and you remember doing 50 round a corner you was talking at over 70? how does that work out lol you still drunk now? Whats it like with 19s on a clio

172 Race Car
mmmmmm corned beef hash!

homer-drool.gif

TT 225
looks like he might of even caught his offside wheel on the banking, could that have been the cause of the slip also?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
lol you went round the ring drunk. high 5!

High 5 indeed.

you remember doing 50 round a corner you was talking at over 70? how does that work out lol

I was a passenger in the BMW doing 50mph round a corner that I had previously driven myself at over 70 in the Clio.

Whats it like with 19s on a clio
I don't know.. But a 330d M Sport with CSL rims is quite nice

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Lol my first lap was in the pissing rain, 3 passengers onboard, full of luggage and car was full of crap, had just arrived and was looking for the car park and ended up going straight on the track! :eek:

Don't get why you'd wanna use this entrance as you'd only get half a lap.

iceberg 172
it was a 325i sport with a limited slip diff i remember it happening on the owners club he drove home afterwards. the wheels pining is the fact hes wedged on a grass bank he pulled the bumper off getting free

Elise/VX220/R26
Feel a bit sorry for them but at least they got hom in one piece lol.

Its really is terrible out there in the wet. My first trip over in the VX last year was great in the dry but on day 2 it was totally pissing it down. Any amount of lock/power the back end would just go straight away. Less than no grip.

Hang on is that it??????

I think it is, yep!

And were on the ring?????

Ready.......1234567.........SHHHHITT!

Never seen that before , top!

leon

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
wet tracks are scary, i remember at croft last year following a pace car at tower my 172 decided it was gonna have a go at sideways, must have been interesting for rob behind watching me snaking across the track a few times before i got it back.

all i can say about the video is "INIT!"

Elise/VX220/R26
Nah I disagree that he was necessarily a nupty driver. You try going round the ring in the wet first and see what its like! They obviously underestimated the level of grip available. Unfortunate but probably not just a case of poor driving.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Read my previous post?

I know exactly what it can be like in the wet, very very slippery. But if you put your foot down, you should be aware of what the car can do. Someone said the car had an LSD which doesn't make it the hardest thing to catch at that speed.

it's possible there was a scotch egg or similar savoury rolling around in the footwell - maybe the gas pedal became stuck?

who cares - he ditched the car in the first corner; luckily he video'd it and (luckier still) decided to share it with the world. i just can't help but laugh every time i watch it. it's genius