ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

72 240z

012.jpg

022.jpg

032.jpg

042.jpg

052.jpg

062.jpg

072.jpg

082.jpg

092.jpg

102.jpg

112.jpg

121.jpg

131.jpg

141.jpg

151.jpg

Build here.

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/japanese-speed/29644-my-1972-240z-build.html

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
WHY and i mean WHY! would you ruin such a nice car with a sr20det! i mean REALLY! and if you are gonna use one put a f**king non vvti one in!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
WHY and i mean WHY! would you ruin such a nice car with a sr20det! i mean REALLY! and if you are gonna use one put a f**king non vvti one in!

You're right, that car is s**t because of this.

/Sarcasm.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Would have been better with an RB2* motor but looking at the quality of it I'm sure the owner had his reasons for going with that lump. Lovely car none the less.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
My mate has a 260z, we had it out just last week as were gonna do some work on it. Doesn't need alot TBH. I prefer them standard though. Engines sound awesome my mates has the 2.8 out of the 280z.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
The perfect 240z needs to look like the devil Z out of Wangan midnight imo

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

It explains below why he ruined the whole car with this engine...flol malice...
Here's the pics of the process. So that everything is clear, this is a 2006 Nissan SR20DET out of a Sylvia. I used a 5speed out of an earlier Sylvia, because it will hold more power than the 2006 6speed. I upgraded to 5 lug hubs. Had CC Wheels custom make the wheels (17" Classics). The coilovers, custom-made control arms, & camber plates are all custom from Arizona Z Car. The brake upgrade is all Wilwood. 6 pistons up front and 2 in the rear. The fuel system is very hi-line. Aeromotive fuel pump and AN lines. The differential is a 1972 NISMO LSD, which was VERY hard to find. The engine has been bored out, but not stroked. This keeps the turbo response where we want it. Every choice I've made has been to eliminate turbo lag, with a minimum of 400RWHP on the dyno. The turbo manifold is totally custom 1-off. There's not one drop of Bondo in this car. Whenever there was rust, we cut it out and formed in (perfectly) sheet metal to weld in. All lines and seams have been laser aligned. It's more perfect than it was on the ship over from Japan in '72. The interior is 100% stock though. I like that. But it's all perfect. The car has a competition suspension too. There's so much to tell. For now, I'll put up pics and see if anybody on here gives a rat's ass!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
sr20det is a ok engine in a 200... in something like a 240 they should of put the 280 engine in or something oldschool on throttle bodies.....

Clio IV 0,9 Tce

I agree in this. Would be so much better with a Stroked L28 on Mikunis or ITB. And on Watanabes or other Period wheels. Like the colour though.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
thankyou! lol

guy on the fduk (rx7 club) has just got a 240 as a project... 0 rust on it :) got it stupidly cheap!

P1105883.gif

P1105880.gif

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I wouldn't say it's 'ruined' with the SR, but you couldn't have picked a less characterful engine if you tried. It's the VAG 1.8T of the Nissan World.

Awesome, all the same... but since he clearly had a big budget, I would've got an S20 in there. :cool: