ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

911 Conversion

172//Crap Micra//Bus
Why would you though.... I mean really!! Porsche is a great base, fantastic engine!? Shall I go buy a new GTR now and stick a Lada Riva block in it :S !? IDIOT IMHO!!

182 Cup
Some would argue that an americn V8 is a better engine than a porsche flst six - just playing devils advocate here.

had to add the radiator system up front but I also had to reduce the capacity of the fuel tank to 17 gal so the weight is just about the same.
Surely front end weight would help handling? Seeing as its probably got a lot more weight on the back end :S

Turbos.
In the thread they claim the engine doesn't weigh much more, but can't see how that works out! Seems like an odd conversion to me...

182 Cup
There's a few V8 911 conversions been done, mostly in the US. 944's tend to get it more though. There's a nice one in the UK that I've seen running at Santa Pod a few times - if memory serves it was running 10's. Carb V8's can run well...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=951G8y_AT9A

Sounds better than a flat six at any rate in my opinion!

182 Cup
There's no logical reason that I can think of for putting a V8 in a 911, however I don't believe that means is shouldn't be done.