ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

98 RON _ URGENT

Just taken delivery of my Cup and was wondering where the hell do I get 98 RON fuel for, just been to Tesco and its all 95. Whats the difference? Can I get away with 95 for a tank or does it have to be 98? Why 98 I thought that was for Motorbikes, I did know some scooby drivers ran theres on 98?

Help.

Chris

Renault recommends Ron 98, Ron 95 will do but the cup will take a different ignition (due to retarding by the knocking sensor) So try to get 98. Ohterwise buy 95 and put octane boost 100 in it, expensive but drives ok.

cheers

It works on 95 but the engine runs rather ruff in my opinion. It uses 98 because of the ignition (rather wild cams) and you should in the futur use 98.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

even normal super unleaded is 97RON.

I think BP Ultimate is 97.6 and Optimax is 98.

Ph1

Stick to useing Shell Optimax 98Ron.......in 2 and a half years Ive only filled up once with 95RON and the car felt a lot slower!

Never use supermarket petrol they dont have any protective additives in them and in a high power car that spells big bills in the future!!

Tank came full for which there is half left not sure if this was 98 or 95? Can I refill now even if it is possibly 95 or can I just top up now with 98. It may already be 98.

And thanks for everyones input.

My CRX Mk1 used to hate 95 RON fuel, spluttered, felt flat, no power. Id go 98 everytime, unless you are desparate, in which case just put in enough to get you to a shell garage / BP.

Use optimax when you get a chance, but 97 ron superplus, or BP ultimate are perfectlt good enough performance wise. Never use normal unleaded 95 ron cause the performance difference is very noticable.

its like 3 bhp and 3ft or torque you lose out on apparently... which sounds low but you WILL notice it. 97+RON fule needed. Shell, BP and (i think) Sainsburys all have 97+ fuel. You can mix the two types, but it will take longer to filter the crappy fuel out.

Personally I go 4 the more expensive stuff cos I think the car deserves it, plus it is easily noticed. Try it and see m8 and let us know what you think. I guess it also depends on each individual car and how they respond to fueling.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Does 98RON make any difference on Willy/Valver? If the car is chipped would it benefit from Optimax?