ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Leaky Problem!! HELP!! please...

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Right, the weather has been a bit s**t the last few days and i have noticed a bit of a puddle in the front footwells.
It seems very strange, its on both sides but only towards the centre of the car (If that makes sense) so either side of the centre console.

Just thought i would ask on here if anyone has had similar problems before i start pulling up carpets etc!

Thank you muchly
Nick

BMW M135i
I had the same problem when my skuttle drain got blocked so the water backed up and ran through the heater into the footwells in the 172.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
possibilities are ... sunroof (if you got one), door seals, drains, windscreen or you can say im mad on this one but it could even be your rear lights or tailgate seal.

learning in corsa 1.3tb
Where i work we had a 182 come in with this problem. turned out that it had the alarm fitted and one of the alarm wires was blocking the drain pipe going from the skuttle panel. Was basicaly a little rubber flap that opens and closes on the bottom of the pipe and to fix it just cut the flap off iirc

Mk2 Phase 2 Clio 1.2 16v
On thr subject of this one, i've got drips that come in just in front of the sun visors in the corners and its s**t when your drivin along and the drips hit you in the face constantly!!! nightmare honestly.. desperate to find out where they come from, it switches sides as well.. one rainy day it'll be the passenger getting soaked the next day it'll be me!! wouldnt be a problem if we didnt have as much sucky weather!!!

Works...kind of...
Sunroof ?

mines does it alot, iv re-sealed it now but still get abit coming through :(

What did you use?

My seal's gone 3 times now, the first two times I used Unibond silicone sleant and it'd break down after a year or so.

A couple weeks ago it did it again, I had enough so I sealed the bast with tiger seal....twice. Gone like cement now. :cool: