ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little bit of R.

See a blue R driving back from the gym most times a week, By a middle aged business man never the less and a 5 door but still nice,

Not a fan of the OP pic, Too much going on and a 5 door !

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
05c0c2fd.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Black wheels on a white car :boring:. Manufacturers (Ford with the FRS, Renault, etc etc.) Have milked that dry now.

If it wasn't for a bit of creativity like this R we'd all be boring f*****s. Less of the SRS.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You miss the point because you're a child. Creativity is great, when it works. That doesn't work, it's a mess. Black on White is done, because it works.

SG9 Forester STi
I don't like it and as someone said earlier in the thread I like the low/stance look but that's just too busy. But each to their own :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Black wheels on a white car :boring:. Manufacturers (Ford with the FRS, Renault, etc etc.) Have milked that dry now.

If it wasn't for a bit of creativity like this R we'd all be boring f*****s. Less of the SRS.
The mk2 FRS?

You might want to do a little research young un'.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
To be fair to the Flush/VAG/Stance/E38 type of scene 95% of people who are in it do have good taste. After going to E38 the other week it was clear that every single car in that show ground would have been admired regardles of what trend or scene you like. They were all modified very tastefully and the biggest thing i liked about it was the fact it wasn't about what you had or how fast or low your car was but how high the quality of the work you did on it was.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
You miss the point because you're a child. Creativity is great, when it works. That doesn't work, it's a mess. Black on White is done, because it works.
No need to be insulting. Yes black on white works, but its boring. Same way audi wheels on other vag cars is done and is boring but I've done it because it works? That does work! Sorry, it just does. It's in no way the best out there but it just DOES imho.
I don't like it and as someone said earlier in the thread I like the low/stance look but that's just too busy. But each to their own :)
Exactly!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
he has a point on the turini's comment...
..you young'uns on here will not understand that it is a bit of a long running joke between some, mainly because on the whole cliosport is quite narrow-minded when it comes to other mods...

but i have to say as a massive flush , stanced, decked...etc etc fan

i am not a fan of that...the wheels don't sit right at all for a start

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think it's just simple. That's what I like. It's one of those cars that isn't a show car, it's a daily.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Exactly. Some of them look great, there's been a few posted (especially some of the yank one's) that look great. The car posted looks poorly done.

You forget though that the "but Turini's work" comment makes any attempt to point out that perhaps if people had the balls to go and try other wheels they might work too null and void. Clearly all the hundreds of wheels in thousands of fitments that have never been bolted on to Clio's could never match the mighty Turini. Such is the level of confidence in the Turini that they can boldly make this claim with absolute certainty that it was, is and always will be the best looking wheen to fit on a MK2 Clio :boring:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It's just nice to see someone not giving a f**k and doing something with their car to just see if it's good. Most people thinks this looks shat fair enough but at least the guys out there doing it tbh!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The fitment doesnt push boundaries but I bet you can still drive it every day and I bet you can still drive it fairly hard too, it is an R after all.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not a fan of Turini's. I was hardly adventurous, but tried a few different wheels.
4378464261_a5609063ed_b.jpg

SDC10116.jpg

SDC10044-2.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
It's just nice to see someone not giving a f**k and doing something with their car to just see if it's good. Most people thinks this looks shat fair enough but at least the guys out there doing it tbh!
I can't understand your pov at all. It comes across as "s**t, but different is good".

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
No it's more, he has the balls to risk it looking s**t. I think it looks good, as do many others. Just not here. Which is fair enough, we all have our opinions. Someone has to say "Hmm, wonder if this will work" but it takes more balls to actually try it. This is a success to me, but not to you.

It's quite clearly a daily, no stupid drop, no tyre eating fitment. Obviously it's still something you can hoon about if you want. BTW the first wheels on your clio looked the best. ooft.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Do you have b****cks like spacehoppers then?

HEY, No need to bring Flora into this. She aint done nothing wrong.

It takes balls to not care if you look like a massive tool, tbh. Or stupidity. Depends at how you look at it I suppose :p