ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A proper 0-60 (ITB content)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Effortless acceleration :cool:

Can you not hit 100 in 3rd with 182's ?

Where have you got the camera mounted ?

Not even possible with a higher limiter...mine limits at 7,750 and that's enough to see an indicated 96 or a real 93 mph.

If you could set the limiter at 8,333 and get the engine so it has torque and power at that rpm then you could do it...just.

I am not sure i follow people logic who talk about theoretical desire to use less gear changes to get to a particular speed.

Obviously this is twisted logic.

Proof being that to get to 100 in most rally cars you have to go to 5th gear because the gears are so much sorter (that is even if they can do 100).

Shorter gears, with more changes = quicker acceleration.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I am not sure i follow people logic who talk about theoretical desire to use less gear changes to get to a particular speed.

Obviously this is twisted logic.

Proof being that to get to 100 in most rally cars you have to go to 5th gear because the gears are so much sorter (that is even if they can do 100).

Shorter gears, with more changes = quicker acceleration.

Indeed...but it helps the pub-bragging-rights if you can say your car does 0-100 in x seconds aided by one less gear-change...reality of course is it's just the same speed regardless of where/when you shift.

MCS R56
Looks very quick indeed!

Using a calculator it says you should be mid 5s... but take it all with a pinch of salt!

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 200Weight without Driver (KG) : 930Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 218.510 - 60 (Secs) : 5.400 - 100 (Secs) : 13.3860 - 100 (Secs) : 7.98Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.80Terminal Speed (MPH) : 101.54Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 13.60Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 103.39

Managing to actually get mid 5's is another story, hence my between 6 and 7 seconds comment in that video. I'd say it's low 6 but not below in that video. Still a fast Clio!

The 0-100 is more impressive. 0-60 means feck all until you are getting sub 5's.

Last edited:
It is interesting that a lot of these videos are 0-60 features. I think this is possibly the most underused aspect of a car on a road. 30-70 punch is a more realistic indicator of a car's performance on road.

Although i am sure this car would be equally good in this bracket.

For a race car all these times are meanigless as it is tyre usage, brake usage and consistency over a long run that are more important factors for speed.

DMS

A thirsty 172
The closest thing I have to a proper accelleration video. It's filmed on the rollers but it does actually pick up this quickly on a dry road too :D. Will try to do a proper one when the weather improves.

[youtube]eTDz69avz5k[/youtube]

/wh0r3

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Yeah theres quite a few. 6 warning lights to be excact lol

ABS - because of the removal of the steering wheel position stuff
Airbag - Bucket seats, steering wheel, all airbags removed and ECU removed
Serv - because of the Airbag stuff
Traction control/esp - because of the ITB's
Emmissions - Decat
Throttle body (i think) the wiggly one next to the esp light. - ITB's again

I'll have to blank them off lol

surprised it starts with the serv, traction and TB light on without running like a bag of shite!

MCS R56
It is interesting that a lot of these videos are 0-60 features. I think this is possibly the most underused aspect of a car on a road. 30-70 punch is a more realistic indicator of a car's performance on road.

Although i am sure this car would be equally good in this bracket.

For a race car all these times are meanigless as it is tyre usage, brake usage and consistency over a long run that are more important factors for speed.

Agree.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah theres quite a few. 6 warning lights to be excact lol

ABS - because of the removal of the steering wheel position stuff
Airbag - Bucket seats, steering wheel, all airbags removed and ECU removed
Serv - because of the Airbag stuff
Traction control/esp - because of the ITB's
Emmissions - Decat
Throttle body (i think) the wiggly one next to the esp light. - ITB's again

I experimented a bit with the steering position sensor when I changed mine and the only light it ever brought on was the ESP light, not the ABS light.

Its these warning lights that put me off ITB's, cool video though and great acceleration.

surprised it starts with the serv, traction and TB light on without running like a bag of s**te!

Presume the non standard management sorts it all out?

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'm going to blank off some of the lights as they are never going to go off. Should look a bit nicer when its done. Might do it tomorrow actually :)

ITB BG 182
The closest thing I have to a proper accelleration video. It's filmed on the rollers but it does actually pick up this quickly on a dry road too :D. Will try to do a proper one when the weather improves.

[youtube]eTDz69avz5k[/youtube]

/wh0r3

Oi fat bloke.
Get ya self ready at the weekend then and i will set the rig up to do a proper video on that private track of yours.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Point being? It doesn't indicate a problem with the car, it's simply because I'm running an aftermarket ECU (Omex 600). I'll be getting rid of the lights soon enough (when I start the rest of the stripping and the dash comes out).

TrackCar & F30 330d
Point being? It doesn't indicate a problem with the car, it's simply because I'm running an aftermarket ECU (Omex 600). I'll be getting rid of the lights soon enough (when I start the rest of the stripping and the dash comes out).

I blanked off my lights the other day. I used the Youtube guide and it really easy to do :)

Just make sure you put the needles back on the position as when i went to start mine up it was ideling at -1500 lol

SRS question - do the lights not present a problem? I mean how do you know when it develops a genuine fault? When it blows up? :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
SRS question - do the lights not present a problem? I mean how do you know when it develops a genuine fault? When it blows up? :)

Basically, yes.
Some issues you'd notice, others you wouldn't until it's too late.
You have to be realistic about these things anyway. Why increase a car's performance if you can't afford to fix it when it goes wrong? That's the reason I don't own an M3 like I was going to originally - I could afford to buy one, insure it, tax it and put petrol in it, but might struggle to pay for a new engine if it breaks. The Clio on the other hand is a cheap piece of French tat put together with spit and Kleenex, which just happens to be fun, so if it breaks I can afford to fix it.
When I actually need something reliable / sensible / economical I'll buy a second car and leave it completely standard :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

The engine check light (emmisions) will never go out as long as i have my decat. So it might as well get blanked out.

I dont have any airbags anymore so the airbag light is useless.
Serv light wont go out because of the airbag stuff etc etc

Basically I've blanked out lights which will never go out. and i look after my engine and check it regualry so it shouldnt go wrong.

If it blows up i'll just rebuild it :)

DMS

A thirsty 172
If you remove the airbag computer and all associated loom etc. you wont have the light come on ;)

I'll be doing this when I fit bucket seats and an aftermarket steering wheel. You can show me how it's done if you want. <3

TrackCar & F30 330d
If you remove the airbag computer and all associated loom etc. you wont have the light come on ;)

I have removed the airbag computer and most of the wiring. It probably stoped the light but when all the dash was out i blanked off the light anyway so its probably not even on :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i have done nothing special at all, i have the sensor in my decat, so i am unsure why it should / shouldn't lite, i have removed my airbags and ecu so it should come up then but never did....

no trickery at all, it just never shoed

Coupe/Defender V8
i have no lights, and i am running buckets, a decat, an aftermarket ecu etc etc

Show off.... ;) I've been told the emission light won't come on so much on the Ph1s as it's not twin lambda iirc, mines never come on (and even if it did I wouldn't really be all that bothered)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
looks nippy but thought it should be a bit quicker stripped down to 930kgs...have you weighed it or is that a guestimate?

TrackCar & F30 330d
I had it on a race teams corner weights scales ages ago and it weighed like 960 kg

I carryed on stripping stuff and weighing it when i took the stuff out. so its now 930kg but i'd like to get it on the corner weight scales to see where the weight is now. Might need to adjust the coilovers.

But i'm getting a cage now so 35 - 38kg is going back in lol + paint :)