ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A proxy question...

BMW E46 330i Touring
When using a proxy, obviously it hides the website that you're viewing...

But will the history just show constant visits to said proxy site? Just thinking, my IT department might decide to look into me visiting the same site all the time!

182FF with cup packs
If your work proxy is logging what you visit to, then yes it will show visits to the web proxy. Also, depending n how the webproxy itself works, your work proxy will also be able to log what websites you are actually going to (i.e. if the proxied website is in the URI).

If they're halfway sensible the proxy will block access to most proxy sites, especially the big ones. There's specific catagory on most of them, generally called "proxy avoidance".

BMW E46 330i Touring
It sounds like they'd be able to continue to log sites visited then, as I know they can print out logs of everything visited on t'internet.