ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A question of pressure?

Ok it another tyre pressure question......well sort of anyway.

In my 182 I run 34/32 of which I check every week using a digi tyre pressure gauge. Last week (on that very warm day we had) after a good two hour run in the car I decided to check the pressure again. The gauge read 36/34!! I believe the gauge to be quite accurate as I tested it against calabrated gauges at work, and I understand heated air expands but I didn't realise it could by so much.

So my question is: With the warm weather whats the best tyre pressure strategy. Go say 32/30 knowing after the tyres are warm you'll be more like 34/32 or stick with 34/32.

This would not normally be a issue but I find the 182 very sensitive to tyre pressure changes.

I lower mine a touch when it's wet, but I'm going to play with mine this evening as it's just not biting enough at the front end for my liking. I'm going to go up to 34 and see if it helps in the dry...

They can go up loads I've seen about 8psi rise from cold to hot before now.
Just go with what your happy with though.