ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Rattle!! (not really a surprise on a clio!)

as the title says i got a new rattle!!!
its coming from around the gearsick area from outside fo the car. For a while i thought it could be the exhaust but recently decided it could be the engine mount ( noise is noticable when using the engine to slow down and during clutch biting when pulling off) its a metallic rattle and its getting on my nerves lol!.

If its the mounts or exhaust, what should i be looking for? i had a quick look earlier but found nothing out of the ordinary.

cheers all
dan

M2 Competition
Have you tried the heatshield also? And where the exhaust passes over the rear axle? Both bits that will make metallicy rattles. I had one where rubbers in exhaust mount collapsed, and a few from heatshield.

To help work it out... What revs does it happen at, does it happen hot and cold, is car standard or lowered, is it standard exhaust?

Have you tried the heatshield also? And where the exhaust passes over the rear axle? Both bits that will make metallicy rattles. I had one where rubbers in exhaust mount collapsed, and a few from heatshield.

To help work it out... What revs does it happen at, does it happen hot and cold, is car standard or lowered, is it standard exhaust?

standard exhaust, lowered 60mm and its at pulling off revs (500-1000 revs) and when using the engine to slow down on hills no idea on revs for this. ill try the heatshield, if its fubared do i actually need it?