ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A trip to Ginetta Sports Cars in Leeds - Car p**n inside!

Elise/VX220/R26
Went up last night to do a report for lovepetrol.com with the chaps from supercardriver.com

Really enjoyable evening. The F400 I cannot describe how beautiful this car is. 95k seems like a steal to me if your looking at R8's and Astons for similar money this has ten time more presence.

DSC_0817%20%5b1024x768%5d.JPG

DSC_0824%20%5b1024x768%5d.JPG

DSC_0900%20%5b1024x768%5d.JPG

The real star of the show for me was a car I didn't know about until yesterday, the G40. 850kgs and 150 BHP in a tiny RWD shell. Sound familiar? Bags of character anyway and something I'm seriously considering putting a deposit down on.

DSC_0892%20%5b1024x768%5d.JPG

How about a staff coach for your race team? With a Dyno mounted on the back!

DSC_0918%20%5b1024x768%5d.JPG

Full report here:

http://www.lovepetrol.com/content.php?238-A-Tour-of-the-Ginetta-Factory-23-08-2010

And loads more pics

http://www.lovepetrol.com/album.php?albumid=15

Elise/VX220/R26
^^ Honda engined too. Geared for 170 MPH!!! Saw it at Bruntingthorpe the other weekend and thought it was rapid.

The G40 road car they are aiming for a 27k base price.

Turbos.
They are a weird company. Put all that effort into the G50 and decided not to do a road version. Will the G40 go the same way? Hardly a bargain at £27k, but it is a good entry level tin top racer. Are you sure it's not £27k for the race car?

Can't really credit them for simply buying Farboud. Can't believe that Asian bloke spent all his daddy's money on it and now is starting from scratch again! Lovely looking thing though, but a very brave choice at nearly £100k!

E30 318iS x2
The F400 I cannot describe how beautiful this car is. 95k seems like a steal to me if your looking at R8's and Astons for similar money this has ten time more presence.

They were showing these off at Silverstone at the weekend,I was very impressed with them indeed.

Glad to hear you like my handy work :cool:

Can't really credit them for simply buying Farboud. Can't believe that Asian bloke spent all his daddy's money on it and now is starting from scratch again! Lovely looking thing though, but a very brave choice at nearly £100k!

That F400 isn't the same car the Farboud was. The Farboud had a longitudinally mounted Audi lump and the 3 that were produced were, shall we say, rough. The F400 is based on the subtly redesigned Farbio GTS. The two at the Leeds factory are re-badged GTS demo cars.

Elise/VX220/R26
They are a weird company. Put all that effort into the G50 and decided not to do a road version. Will the G40 go the same way? Hardly a bargain at £27k, but it is a good entry level tin top racer. Are you sure it's not £27k for the race car?

Not really true I think he did run out of money a bit in terms of budget for the project but he runs a big pharmaceutical company so long term money is probably not too tight. He's still in the industry, the new AF10 (Aarash Cars) is in Evo this month.

27k was the road car price. Its only small and low powered so that price seems reasonable. Someone who saw this writeup said that he has heard 22k mentioned as a base price and 27k for the supercharged variant but I would imagine an SC version would be priced more like an Exige.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
there was a ginetta going round oulton park on august 11th, wasnt very quick but sounded nice

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
looks like the porsche gulf blue ....

but the blue answer was funny :D