ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AA checks - are they worth it

Morning ! :)

ok its a bit early for questions i know, but Im off to look at a couple of cars this afternoon - and just wanted to know if anyone had any opinions about the AA checks - am I being stupid not to get one done or am I wasting money unnecessarily if i do?(cudnt believe how much they cost £100-£250 :eek: !!)

Thanks

Vicky

DEF NOOOOOOOOO! Absolute load of crap!!!!!!!!

I had a car examined by the AA and the guy missed:

Reprayed wings, Replacement Engine, Rear inside panel damage, small ends knocking........need I go on (didnt buy the car).

Better of taking a friend who is a mechanic or someone who knows.
DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! :)

thats the sorta reply I was hoping for! didnt really fancy giving the aa any more money, they rip me off enough with their breakdown cover!

i had one done purely for the garantee they give if they miss something, the guy who did the one on my gtturbo was very good and thorough(SP) plus the hpi test they include is definately worth having plus it looked good to have the write up will all the documents when i came to sell it, i think it depends alot on the guy who does the check tho and i will admit there a loads of AA/RAC mechanics out there that are totally useless

havnt got the paperwork anymoreas i sold the car but it was major mechanical stuff like engine gearbox etc but it probably lists it on an AA website, basically i think it was around 6months cover so its a little more protection if you are buying privately. if you get a mechanic like the guy who did mine they are worth it but if you get some chimp like a fair few AA men are then its not worth the cash so its a bit of a lottery