ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs and TCS light and using RS tuner to diagnose

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Has anyone got any experience using the RS tuner with diagnosing issues with abs

So the error I'm getting according according the RS Tuner are

DTC5023 Rear right sensor signal(unknown status)
DTC2033 Rear left sensor signal(unknown status)

Then for TCS light

DTC5110 Steering Angle sensor fault or not calibrated

Anyone have any ideas what my issues are likely to be?

These issues came up after dropping my subframe and disconnecting steering column which I'm guessing is the cause for the TCS error but could I have stretched an abs cable or something to cause the abs faults?

I cleared the abs fault and it stayed off for a bit but after a short while driving its returned

Any input much appreciated

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I would try and sort the steering angle sensor first just to eliminate that as being the global cause.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I would try and sort the steering angle sensor first just to eliminate that as being the global cause.
I have just tried resetting that, centred the wheel with the yellow marker but it doesn't seem to have done anything 🤔

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The wheel or column must have turned when you disconnected it, so the sensor will be out.

You'll have to disconnect it again and get everything centred.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
The wheel or column must have turned when you disconnected it, so the sensor will be out.

You'll have to disconnect it again and get everything centred.
Just another reason why not to bother fitting a 182 manifold. Was definitely not worth the hassle 😂

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
My abs light "seems" to have gone off know after another couple of drives, so I'm thinking it may just the the tracking being slightly out, or the squib needs rotating either way

Is it possible to read how many degrees it's out with the rs tuner like you can with clip or is it just the code it reads? does anyone know?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I purchased the abs module which has told me the codes 🤔 I don't know if I'm not looking at the correct thing tho

I mean for the steering angle reading.

On other Renaults it requires another module for live info like that 😏

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I mean for the steering angle reading.

On other Renaults it requires another module for live info like that 😏
Hmmm I couldn't see anything on RS Tuner website, just the HVAC module that I don't have for it 🤔

Clio 182 FF
Did you solve your problem? I currently have the same issue with abs traction and serv lights lit, I have replaced the steering angle sensor already but still there