ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs pump issues… ideas?

Q7, traffic van
Hi all, had my 182 a few weeks. I bought the car with the abs problem (pump doesn’t stop running, have to unplug the module or disconnect battery).
With the pump plugged in, the breaks are terrible and abs, esp, serv lights on dash.
with the pump unplugged, all lights the same but the breaks work ok, obviously no abs and esp.
So I’m happy to swap the pump but confused as to what part number I need.
I’m not confident that the pump that is in now is the correct one, red pen marks (like it’s been on a shelf at the breakers yard) on top of the unit plus when researching I’m getting so many different part numbers and conflicting info.
Is there a way of finding out which one I need via my reg plate. Website possibly or do I need to call Renault? Any help would be much appreciated…. Thanks

Q7, traffic van
5417C2B3-A66F-4223-A6A5-DB6670FB6810.png

This is the pump that’s currently in my 2004 clio 182

Robproof

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi mate, had a similar issue just. The code you need is conveniently on the base of the pump. I then sent mine for repair to: https://www.ecutesting.com

unfortunately mine was not repairable but found one on eBay that matched the part number on my unit
Cheers, rob

Q7, traffic van
Cheers for reply mate, so it’s the code on the underside that matters, I do keep seeing breakers online referencing them as ‘117’ which tends to be the last 3 digits and the lad who has got one for me has those but can’t see anything one the top to match, problem is I still don’t know if the pump that’s fitted in mine now is the original, I have a feeling the last owner tried to repair, failed, then give up and sold the car (hence I got a bargain) so I’m guessing caulk Renault with reg and maybe chassis number.

Q7, traffic van
I have one removed from a 53 plate 172 if you want to check part numbers against it
Cheers buddy, looking on eBay etc it lists the pump to fit 172 with esp and 182.
called Renault this mornings the guy give me a part number but had no clue if it’s correct or what the code means, it seems the number in the middle is different by a couple digits on every pump. He basically said he can’t help….. great! Taken to a couple of garages who haven’t got a clue either. How hard can it be to know what pump should be fitted 😂