ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accident Update

After the bloke drove into my car last nite, ive spent most of the day chasing the other persons insurers and he has admitted it was his result.

So within 24 hours of the accident, the garage have been in touch to book the car in for next week, the hire company have also been in touch as well. Been offered a 1 litre cinquecento, so ive been back to the insurers and complained cos theyve offered a car small than the one i drive, and theyve agreed to up grade to a vehicle of the same size, which i should hopefully get tomorrow :D

Looks like ive got a good result after all. Just need to claim my loss of earnings for today, and for the two half days where my vehicle is collected and given back by the garage. My neck feels a bit stiff and sore, might have to claim for that as well

have been thinking about claiming know that he has said its is fault, i got £1500 for my last whiplash claim, ne amount is a bonus

You do realise that because of all these "false" injury claims our insurances are as high as they are. Not saying dont do it as they make far too much money from us as it is.

with wot my insurance company want charge me when i change my car, i need a way to fund it. c how my neck is next b4 i decide if im gonna claim or not

Without wanting to sound like a git or high and mighty, saying someone else wouldnt think twice so Ill do it just about sums up why the UK isnt a very nice place.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 21 November 2003

You do realise that because of all these "false" injury claims our insurances are as high as they are. Not saying dont do it as they make far too much money from us as it is.
EXACTLY TonyKL!! We also all pay on average £30 extra to compensate for those who feel they are exempt from getting insurance!! It is about time that there was a system to prevent these people from being on the road.

the point of people having insurance, is so people can claim for their losses and injuries. Why should u lose out if it was the other persons fault

i work in insurance dealing with personal injury claims for people injured in car accidents, at work, in the street and also by products/goods, its not the cost of claims by honest people who are driving up claims its the people who make fraudulant claims like what is termed phantom passengers ie you have a smash with a car with 1 person in it and then a claim is intimated for that person and 3 passengers, also staged accidents are be coming a serious problem especially in areas such as

bradford

liverpool

preston

blackburn

manchester

and forget it being just punters putting in dodgy claims, it goes as far as dodgy motor engineers writing off cars as economical write offs when they aint write offs at all, to medical experts writing fake reports, fake receipts for car hires, physio. i have three claims were we have proof that no cars were hired, the claimants have confirmed they have never had a hire car but the solicitors acting for them are pursuing a claim for hire with a fake hire invoice.

the company i work with are taking major steps against fraud, each claims office have 2 ex senior cid who arrange all our surveillance operations, interviewing claimants, liase with police and the cps etc to arrange cases to go to court, the next step we are taking is saying that whilst you may have suffered an injury if we receive proof that any single part of the claim has been exaggerated in order to make a finacial gain then the whole claim is our eyes then an attempt to de fraud us

if someone is truthfully injured and out of pocket they deserve to get what they are due but its the beggers who stage accidents etc that deserve to be done

well, just spent 3 hours in A&E having my neck checked over, as its feeling sore and stiff tonite. After being taped to the bed and five x-rays, the dr confirmed that i have suffered with whiplash.

So after all, it looks I like I will be making an injury claim againt the other drivers insurance

Megane 225 baby! :)

Thats not good, Jaffa. :cry:

Can totally relate to whiplash - its not a good thing, had it 3 years ago and yes I did claim but I was fully justified in doing this! Still get twinges every now and again, it never fully goes! :(

Hope everything goes well with your claim - keep us posted! :cool:

i hate to say it, but i will report you to the insurance commisions board, and they can do their own medical checks

it will cost me money if you claim, and im not prepared to let that happen

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 22 November 2003

i hate to say it, but i will report you to the insurance commisions board, and they can do their own medical checks

if i do go ahead with a claim, it will be done through the correct channels. Ive had my injuries certified by a dr who is fully qualified do do so. Its not a false claim, as my vehicle was stationery when the other driver hit me and just cos i make a claim doesnt mean ill get a payout

So u saying u wont ever claim if u suffer an injury cos some1 else drives into ur vehicle and u get injuried???

in general, if you make a claim, you get a py-oput

even more so if you are like susan at my work, who spent 14 months off work, and claimed everything possible, she is able bodied and just as able as everyone i know, yet got £20k through whiplash

PERSONALLY I DONT THINK WHIPLASH SHOULD BE AN INJURY CLAIM

its a little back pain, thats all, and yes i have suffered it

well its not just the injuries that put the insurance up, its everything else,

cost to repair/replace the vehicle

un-insured losses

solicitors fees

baristers fees

drs fees

court costs

it all puts the insurance up. There r no legal costs with my claim at the mo cos ive been dealing with the other parties insurance direct. Costs for this claim do include the hire vehicle which im being supplied with, repair and repainting of my vehicle, my loss of earnings for not being able to get to work today and having further days off to deal with the bodyshop collecting and returning my car.

So Im sorry to say, my claim is already gonna effect the insurance prices

Whiplash can be a very serious injury that has effects on the spine that crop up many years later. Nevertheless, the procedures designed to compensate legitimate cases are widely abused. Its difficult to see how this can be stopped though: there is no easy diagnosis of whiplash independent of the patients claim. This means that although the false claimants get undeserved monies, those who have genuine trouble are left in the lurch and do not get the correct level of compensation.

As for the more general litigious culture we seem to be importing from America, I work for the NHS and our greatest cost increases are in the litigation/compensation areas. Of course, not all cases are far fetched fantasy - but we now run a litigation department and this department accounts for about 2% of the Trusts annual budget (currently this 2% is about £6 million per annum, in just one NHS Trust). Sadly, thats our taxes.

There is pretty much nowt we can do about the litigiuos culture and it can only spread its wings as more profits can be made.

We have to accept that if Capitalism is to be the system we want (which gives us Cliosports and nice stereos to put in them), then we also must accept the bad sides of a system that seeks profit as its raison detre.

i got whiplash when a bus ramed my car and i only got a grand. The doctor said it would recover in 4 weeks but it looks like ive got it for life and can be painful at times

truth of the matter is insurance companies would never reduce their fees, no matter what happens, hands up who thinks they run at anywhere near a loss?

Hands up who has ever had a hassle free claim when they have had their car stolen or written off?

Whiplash is a serious thing which can lead to severe migrane backache, and various other pains in later life, if you do not claim for it you have not got a leg to stand on if later on you are affected by it.

Of couse it should be a claimable injury, think about it.

2012 WRX Waggon

Hands up anyone who believes that if ALL whiplash claims stopped premiums would go down.

yeah right they would!!

How would the call call go? "Id like to report a jaffa who in my opinion is making a false claim?" His address is the orange grove.....:p

mk1 172

i personally believe that our premiums are as high as they are because of all the 17 year old boy racers out there driving there novas and modding them up as much as they can, i dont see how a little white lie about whiplash can penalise us !

if you feel the slightest little pain in your neck or back............claim ! cars are an expensive game and with all the insurance bills and repair bills and everything, you are gonna need the money from somewhere !

if somebody came to me and said i would never claim for whiplash when i havent really got it i would look them straight in the face and say bullsh*t

i thank you

darswold

Clio 182 w/ cup packs

Quote: Originally posted by darswold on 23 November 2003

i personally believe that our premiums are as high as they are because of all the 17 year old boy racers out there driving there novas and modding them up as much as they can, i dont see how a little white lie about whiplash can penalise us !

Thing is, if there is any accident these days, then someone claims for damages. There are companies that help you do this.

The money has to come from somewhere - us.

Its also unfair how you blame boy racers, Im surprised boy racers havent been blamed for the terrorist acts in Turkey. Seems like "boy racers" get the blame for everything else round here!

There are loads of things that push up the cost of insurance, whether it be young drivers, old drivers or accident claims. Its just reality.

Quote: Originally posted by ak_uk on 23 November 2003

How would the call call go? "Id like to report a jaffa who in my opinion is making a false claim?" His address is the orange grove.....:p
a reg number, name or part of an address is all thats needed! trust me we get contacted a lot by folk grassing in work mates, neighbours etc

PERSONALLY I DONT THINK WHIPLASH SHOULD BE AN INJURY CLAIM

its a little back pain, thats all, and yes i have suffered it
Im sorry but you have never obviously experienced PROPER whiplash ! Yes there are scumbags who get a little neck pain and say ooooh whiplash, but REAL whiplash is serious and can effect you forever !

Clio Phase II 16V

I had a claim for personal injury that was caused by a car accident, basically whiplash. The accident was 3 years ago and a 3rd party had come out of a junction and pushed me into a tree. Even after all the treatment ive had my neck is still fecked!

The total compensation was £6k but you know what id give it back if there was a way my neck could be the same again, I used to be a keen Go-Kart driver (got my own kart) and now If i go i have to wear a brace and even then im in pain for a week after ive been out once this year.

So by all means if you are in pain and feel that you are injured go and get it checked, and put in a claim, even if the claim results in you getting free treatment for life.

Quote: Originally posted by Jonathan on 21 November 2003

Without wanting to sound like a git or high and mighty, saying someone else wouldnt think twice so Ill do it just about sums up why the UK isnt a very nice place.
Here here!