ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accountancy Software.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys.

I need a new comprehensive software for my business. We are using MBP and the likes of Sage isn't compatible for Mac for some stupid reason.

Someone has suggested KashFlow but I don't really want to commit without someone with experience on the system saying its good or not.

Any suggestions? Cheers.

Dual boot the mac with windows 7 and put sage onto that. Works flawlessly and makes it easy to do and image back up to removable storage incase anything goes wrong! A company I used to work for used this method and had no issues

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Someone has suggested Xero as a good one. Web based also. Any experience with that one? I'll look in to the others now. Cheers.

Rav4
Xero is good too, I like web based because I don't have to worry about backups, I can check invoices online anytime/place I want and even invoice from my phone/ipad. The reporting aspect is rather good too, instead of using excel it makes it much easier to provide the information to the accountants.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Xero is good too, I like web based because I don't have to worry about backups, I can check invoices online anytime/place I want and even invoice from my phone/ipad. The reporting aspect is rather good too, instead of using excel it makes it much easier to provide the information to the accountants.

Everything you've just said is exactly why I want web based.

Ive signed up for Xero for the free trial. I'll load up the information over the next few days and have a play. They also pull the information directly from my business account which can only be a good thing. One less thing to do.

Rav4
Everything you've just said is exactly why I want web based.

Ive signed up for Xero for the free trial. I'll load up the information over the next few days and have a play. They also pull the information directly from my business account which can only be a good thing. One less thing to do.

Don't forget that you will also be able to do VAT returns a lot easier and bank reconciliation (which is normally a pain in the ass)

I currently use GetHarvest, but due to limitations, I am unable to carry on with it fully (even thought their invoicing is very nice) so looking at other tools too.

I've narrowed it down to Xero/Freshbooks/FreeAgent and Kashflow, unable to decide on them.

For £20 or so a month, it has been so worth it so far and happily will continue using an online accounting/invoicing tool.

Thanks,

G.

PS: you still have not found me a house ;)