ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adding borders

White APE
Ive done a search but come up empty - prob me being a muppet.

Can anyone advise how to put a small black border on a picture. and also how to make the edges fade to black. think thats called vig netting?

White APE
Ahhh, just tried that planet, that work for the black border. What about the white bit too and the hazzing?

Sorry, its Select > Modify > Border

Just set a thin one and add a big feather to get an effect like the above.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
for the white bit.
duplicate the layer cntrl + click the top image in the layer pallette.
This should give marching ants , right click , stroke - 10 pixels - inside.
then as above 110 % canvas size.
Or as Revs said select>modify.
Once you crack it, set it up as an action

White APE
Cheers for that guys. Just tried revels on and it worked a treat.

How do i set up actions? Sorry for all the q's, still getting used to PS after many years of non use.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Sorry, its Select > Modify > Border

Just set a thin one and add a big feather to get an effect like the above.

I've tried that, but the Modify option isn't highlighted so its not clickable... what am i doing wrong?

Have you got the layers box open? Generally if you just open a flat jpeg it will be a locked layer.

Right click the layer in the layers box, select "Duplicate Layer" and then try it, it should work now :)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
tryingtoborder.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
What about if you dont have PS?

I have Adobe Photoshop Album edition and Picasa. Dont really want to have to use the photobucket one again cos its impossible to batch edit or even get them all the same size.

Thanks
John

B

Brown.

Christ guys, do we need to tell you how to wipe your bottoms?? how do youthink we found out how to do it??? search google, search youtube etc.... or read the manual!! we had too....