ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lotus Elise 20th Anniversary Edition

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
When people ask you what your dream car is, there's probably more than one. Well, thats my opinion anyway.

For me, a 911 was one of those. And I did own a 996 for a bit. The other was a Lotus Elise. Somewhere deep in a box in my dads garage there's a photo of me sat in an S1 back when they were new, I was probably about 5 or 6. Ever since then I've thought they were the coolest s**t out.

Fast forward to my 30th year on this dying planet, and I figured I should probably FINALLY scratch the itch. Previously I've been put off by the fact I'm 6ft 4, lanky, and its a lot of money to spend on a car that does 1 thing. But hey, I dont see myself living another 30 years given my love for fast food and alcohol, so what the hell!

I ended up going for this. Its a 2015 Series 3. So it has the 220bhp Supercharged engine. For 2015 they replaced the "Club Racer" Spec with a 20th Anniversary edition. Its lighter, has some nice extras, and hopefully a little more reliable than the older stuff. Furthermore, the previous owner had fitted a spacer to the steering wheel. Hurray! I Fit !

There was a bit of delay in me collecting, as I'm a car dealers worst nightmare. I insisted they replaced the front tyres (had 2014 date codes), and also got the AC working. The Tyres were on back order, and after replacing every single part (bar the pipes down the sill) the AC still wouldnt take gas. So the front tyres eventually came in, got fitted, and I collected it. I'll have to go back when the updated AC Pipes (One of those is also on back order) come in.

Either way, its roof comes off so thats alright by me.

IMG_1669.jpeg

Looks a little less inconspicuous than the daily.

IMG_1677.jpeg

IMG_1678.jpeg

First thing I did was stop off at Oxford Car Audio on the way home, needed to replace the clarion head unit with an Alpine one. It came with no head unit from factory, or an Alpine. I found the blanking plate that says 20 on it in the boot, so I'm assuming it was deleted on mine.

IMG_1674.jpeg

Dog approves.

IMG_1845.jpeg

The plan is to get it on some track days, so the fact someone has upgraded the speakers is a little wasted on me. But its all a plus!

For anyone who cares, the difference between a normal Elise 220 and the 20th anni one:

- Only Availible in Blue, Green, Silver or Yellow
- 10kg weight saving (Forged wheels, LW seats and centre console)
- 20 Logo on the seats, mats, radio blank, side and rear.
- Roll hoop, mirrors and window surround in Matt Black.
- Sport mode added to the TC.

I've not done much ragging of it so far, mostly just drove it back in traffic with the odd blast when I had the chance. What amazes me is how easy it is to drive in traffic, and how comfortable it is. The suspension is as good as everyone says, particularly on some of the shite roads around me. Its genuinely a level of damping I havent experienced before, probably massively helped by its light weight.

Anyway thats it. I bought another dream car! I just need a Ferrari 360 and I've pretty much done them all...

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Lovely, great colour too! As a fellow Elise owner, nothing really comes close to these, enjoy!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Ah cool. You not done a like and subscribe on it yet??
I've been very s**t at YT lately. The amount of time, effort and money to invest is becoming difficult to justify. Especially as the traffic to my videos continue nosediving! lol
Ah! I'd been watching your videos on the nurburgring just after I bought mine.
Its such a good car, really. Just fancied a change into something bigger with less effort to drive! Didnt need 2 exciting cars.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I've been very s**t at YT lately. The amount of time, effort and money to invest is becoming difficult to justify. Especially as the traffic to my videos continue nosediving! lol

Its such a good car, really. Just fancied a change into something bigger with less effort to drive! Didnt need 2 exciting cars.
I liked the road trip in the Rover. But yeah I can it’s hard to justify the cost of that trip for a limited number of views.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I liked the road trip in the Rover. But yeah I can it’s hard to justify the cost of that trip for a limited number of views.
Dont get me wrong its never meant to be my job, its just something I do for fun! But when I have a busy period of work I dont really have time for the fun as much! And when I do stuff, I dont always want the hassle of filming it, would rather enjoy it, if that makes sense! lol

Suzuki Jimny
I did a blast across germany in a rental 530d touring just like that, was incredible and got to the limiter with the mother in law asleep in the back 😂
Any good on our less than german road surface?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I did a blast across germany in a rental 530d touring just like that, was incredible and got to the limiter with the mother in law asleep in the back 😂
Any good on our less than german road surface?
The adaptive suspension does wonders, even on 20's with runflats its super comfy. I still want rid of the runflats mind you!