ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adding climate to the cup?

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
I have recently had my beautiful 172 cup taken away from me as someone decided to drive into it and write it off. :dapprove:

I am now looking for another 172 and debating whether to do the following...
There seems to be quit a few cups about at a reasonable price, I was wondering if anyone new how much it would be to add climate and abs to a cup as I would like to have these 2 luxury's. I could buy a standard 172 and have them on it but its proving difficult to find one with the right colour and alloys to my liking.

Any help pleeeeeeeeease.

RS Clio 200
Fred - how much does the aircon system weigh? in other words, if i asked you to kindly pull it out for me, how much of a difference would there actually be?

Cup'd Monaco 172
Sounds like a huge amount of work that will not add any value to the re sale value.

Start with a FF and fit cup suspension and turinis.

If you want to shed the weight that can be done too.

lol - just buy a normal 172 if you want climate & abs, by the time you've shoved all that on i, it will defeat the object of a cup.

Alternatively, just buy a cup with a/c already on it (they are rare though)

Lionel Richie
from memory its about 25-30kg, so not a massive amount

but changing to a cup aux belt setup just seems to free up some power, i guess its because the crank is having to power less items with a cup setup

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
I spose it is a strange idea, I just like the colour and setup of a cup, but for my own safety would like abs and climate for the comfort.

I'll just stick to looking for a 172.

Thanks for putting me straight lol

RS Clio 200
its something i would happily attempt myself, but i thought there were some rules on disposing of such things to do with gasses etc

RS Clio 200
LOL whats better than it getting warmer eh!! just means women out in skirts!!!

if you could get us a rough price would be superb Fred...its one of the last things on my list now.

Lionel Richie
what you could do to save you some £££ is rip everything out, but leave the PAS in and then we could just sort that

RS Clio 200
do i need to get the brackets etc, and make the aux belt changes before i came you you Fred? last thing i wanna do is go start this and render the car useless LOL

RS Clio 200
thats idealy how i want mine.... i never use aircon, but heater i do.
so if i can lose a bit of weight, and gain a little power with the cup setup then i may as well go for it

thats what i would want mate a heater that works normally through the climate display but i could loose all the pipe work and have a cup setup... i know christurbo on here did this through yozza so dont know if it costs alot to do really